Page 70 of 334 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 70

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    After 12 straight days of travel (whew!), I'm back home. It was rough. My PN started when I was in the midst of traveling. I was SO very stressed at first. Eating out, long days of travel, a VERY bad (almost to the point of blistering) sunburn (one has to wonder if I have any brains on this one......), and little to no equipment for my workouts, well, I was a basket case. But, here's what's really cool about PN. It's habit based, and they really believe in starting slowly. They are also big on problem solving.

So, I did what I could. I took my multi-vitamin, D3 (this is really helping the sleep), and fish oil every day. As far as the workouts, I decided to put on my "problem-solving" hat. We had a forum where ladies had used a watermelon (in place of a medicine ball), filled water bottled for weights, used a bungie cord in place of bands/cables, an iron in place of light weights, etc. With those ideas floating in my head, I modified my workouts. They also encourage you to move the workouts around to fit your schedule and life - so I did that too. I stopped worrying about eating out and focused on eating as best as I could given the situation.

And, you know what? Even though I've eaten out for 12 straight days, including a lot of indulgences (hello soy-free, dairy-free salted chocolate and sinful macaroons), I didn't gain a pound. This morning's weight was 169. Woo hoo. Maintenance while traveling.

As an aside, I'm finding the fish oil helps control my appetite. Kinda like Chris's oil shots. Interesting...

More details on PN later.
    -- Ruth

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Hey my friend, saw your log and once I clicked on it I didnt want to click off. Theres a great wee community just on this log alone haha. keep fighting the fight my friend, and well done not gaining a pound whilst travelling, that cant have been easy (or normal).

Richard

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    so excited for you! Fantastic to maintain, and to know you can, while you are traveling. Also that you came up with some creative solutions. congrats.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yay! Great Job and welcome back.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote of the days: "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” --Aristotle

I'm feeling optimistic and happy today. Odd, because I'm still maintaining my weight And, work is proving to be a challenge on many levels these days. But, I've done all my workouts and completed my fishoil and multi habit every.single.day. Woo hoo. I also think the D3 is helping with sleep. I added in some Melatonin last night. Jury is still out. I will give that one another week or two.

Traveling again next week. Although I wish I could stay home for a month or so until I get back into fat burning mode, but travel is currently part of my life, so probably just as well I learn to adapt with it

Happy Wednesday!
    -- Ruth

Congrats on improving sleep and on keeping your good habit going! I am not sure if it is the melatonin or D3 that is helping my sleep, but last night I again had 2 long stretches (1:20) of sleep. It was not one of my better night's as I was worried about getting up on time to wake DS up for the first day of school. DH goes out of town early tomorrow, so I will have a few days of the bed to myself, and that should help!

I had that quote on my fridge for years! Then I did a little calligraphy/art thingy for each of my kids, and hung it on their bulletin boards in their rooms.

Good Luck with your travels.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Today's PN lesson is to be "pretty good" consistently. I think that's a big thing for me. When I'm "on", I'm "on", but when I'm "off", well, I'm really "off".

On a sleep note, I did better last night. Still feel a bit tired, but am ever hopeful that things are turning around. [I hear ya, Chris, when DH is away, I do tend to sleep really well...]

I don't have the time/effort at the immediate moment, but later I need to come back and address FEAR. I realize that in a lot of areas of my life, including weight loss, I'm letting fear control me. I'm ignoring it, not trying to address it.

Quote of the day:
    Priority Image.jpg
    -- Ruth

love the sentiment of the quote!

Fear is a huge factor, in my success vs. failure, I just need to learn from it instead of letting it paralyze me.

I am also trying hard to see my successes throughout the day so that I can focus on the fact that I am pretty darn good with my food choices most of the time. For me it has a lot to do with perception. When I think I am off, I tend to slide further down the spiral. When I think I have been good well it is easier to climb the ladder. That is a big reason why I like to track what I eat. When it is all written down in front of me, it is never as bad as I thought anymore! That wasn't true in the past, I think.
    Chris
    Unknown

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    I like that. Im going to try that and see if I am suddenyl aware of a choice I am making. Then decide if it was the right one or not.

Richard

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Ruth it looks like you are on the brink of some ah ha moments! Maintaining while traveling.. whoo hoo for success. I thought the post about the different items to lift weights was interesting. Do you remember Jack Lalayne? He was always an advocate of water jugs and canned veggies I think.

You seem to be in a great frame of mind. Sleep helps with that Keep plugging along friend
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.