Page 7 of 303 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 7

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    you aren't planning on doing the kettleballs every day are you? Wouldn't that constitute "lifting heavy things"? It would for me!

congrats on your success, so glad you joined us on SPEED, I totally agree that I was always envious of others as I read how the pounds melted off, as my stomach would be growling. This combination of Primal with control really feels good and as a bonus it works!

Also congrats on listening to your body, something I am working on. I actually left food on my plate at the restaurant last night, so hard cause it was sooo good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Here's the article: http://www.dragondoor.com/articles/a...e/default.aspx

I absolutely LOVE kettlebells. It's done a lot to help improve my grip strength. If I could say one thing, though, I would sign up for 1 training session (either group style or with a trainer) with an RKC to learn basic moves and form, before starting. If done incorrectly, one could really hurt themselves. [I'm not one who can watch a video and get my form perfectly - I needed quite a bit of correction.]

Today's Food:
    1,282 calories; 41 g carbs; 59 g fat; 139 g protein (10 g from veggies); and 20 g fiber. All of my liquids.
    Here's what I struggled with today. I made my mom some kettle-corn (homemade...burnt the first batch). I tested 5 cooked kernels. And then felt terrible and guilty. PLEASE. We're talking 5 little kernels. They didn't send me into a binge or even thoughts of a binge. I didn't want to gorge her bowl or feel "deprived" that I wasn't having any. I know that rationally. But the irrational part? Can't let it go. My mind says "now, you won't have lost weight tomorrow". Shoot, even if I don't lose anything tomorrow, it will come the following day. I'm going to work on these guilt feelings. They are silly. Not sure how, but I will On the really positive side - the things I noted - it was easy to stop after I tested, I don't have sugar cravings, I didn't feel deprived.

Chris - to your question - I plan to use most of those as more LHT, except for swings (you could make any of those conditioning, but that's not so much my goal as skill practice). What I'm going to attempt is to take Mark's 2x/week LHT and break movements into days. So, instead of doing squats 2x/week (with the other drills), I'll do squats 1x/week for 10 minutes (with breaks as needed). I don't know if it will work, but I'm trying to find a way to make lifting part of my life again. I figure I can do anything for 10 minutes a day (whereas it's a lot easier to talk myself out of 20-30 minutes for the entire primal blueprint fitness series). Not sure if it will work, but I'm going to give it a whirl

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    5 pieces??!! Pshaw!! negligible at best! Remember last week and my popcorn incident?? Course that could explain a lot this week as I ate MORE than 5 kernels. :O
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

It's a mental thing. I think I'm so worried that I'm going to mess up my progress. If anyone else wrote that, I'd be like, you are so silly. And, again, rationally I know that. And, I also know that life goes on. I don't have to be, and won't ever be, perfect. I just need to be reasonable, and right now, try to avoid trigger foods.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    On breaking up the Primal exercises into days. That is a great idea.
    I am actually already doing 4 days of LHT. 3 broken into Back & biceps, Chest & triceps, Legs & shoulders. Then one intense day with my trainer on the body part of his choice. But of course I am working out in a gym and have been at it for a year and a half. I am probably over doing it adding the 5movements, but I am interested to see what might happen.

I don't think I could force myself to get out of bed if I had to look forward to LHT every day! To each their own. At the moment the 5EM's take me less than 10 so I can force it once a week. Hoping eventually I will enjoy it or at least not hate it. There is my mental block.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

165 (-0.5; total -6.5). Hooray!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to my home office in Texas in a week and a half - this was my goal, which I've already met. Maybe I can make 160 for that trip.

Taking my mom out to lunch for her birthday. She gets to pick, so we'll see what I can find. I'd rather cook, but we eat out so rarely, and she's super excited. I can handle this (PMA).

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    yeah!! Look at those pounds melt!!

Looking at the EM, I think I am going to do those T/Th but am interested in some weights. Perhaps though I will wait until I am more fluid in those movements. Not sure how I will do the pull up though, no bar of any kind.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I hung a bar under the stairs going to our basement. I did see something where you suspend a bar on the seats of 2 chairs that are next to each other and lay on the ground and pull up that way. You progress from sitting on the floor and just pulling up the top half of the body to essentially pulling up the whole body where you keep the body straight like a plank. these are called inverse pull ups I think. You can also do row exercises with resistance bands. Resistance bands are great cause they are cheap, don't take much room and you can do it while watching tv.
    Chris
    Unknown

Page 7 of 303 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast