Page 68 of 338 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 68

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It sounds as if you are in a state of static, probably much needed given the stresses of work and lack of sleep in your life. I think working to just feel healthy and spend the hikes with dh sounds like an excellent idea, especially since it is only 10 days till you are going to kick it into high gear.

Too hot here to get outside much, I am working on all of my projects early in the morning. Everything I am working on right now requires a temperature below 90, bad timing on my part.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday was a nice day. Outside, hiking, with my DH and dogs. My "perfect" day, really. Of course, we got caught in the summer rain storm and my dogs (especially the golden retriever) were soppy, muddy, smelly messes

I'm thankful, today, for my DH. I am beyond slow when we hike. He could, quite literally, be up and down the mountain by the time I make it up. Yet, he's so patient and never says one word about how slow I am, how often we have to stop, etc. (I, on the other hand, would not be near as patient or kind). In fact, he says how much he enjoys going with me. I am very blessed on that front. I can't wait to shed this last 30-40 pounds -- I know it will make hiking that much easier. (And, because of my extra weight, he has to carry most of the stuff in his pack - it's too much for me to carry much more than some water.)
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Yesterday was a nice day. Outside, hiking, with my DH and dogs. My "perfect" day, really. Of course, we got caught in the summer rain storm and my dogs (especially the golden retriever) were soppy, muddy, smelly messes

I'm thankful, today, for my DH. I am beyond slow when we hike. He could, quite literally, be up and down the mountain by the time I make it up. Yet, he's so patient and never says one word about how slow I am, how often we have to stop, etc. (I, on the other hand, would not be near as patient or kind). In fact, he says how much he enjoys going with me. I am very blessed on that front. I can't wait to shed this last 30-40 pounds -- I know it will make hiking that much easier. (And, because of my extra weight, he has to carry most of the stuff in his pack - it's too much for me to carry much more than some water.)
    yeah on your perfect day!! Summer rain... ahh we are only teased with lightening and spitting.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

We had a 1/4" of rain in June, then none in July till the day before yesterday. Then we had a quick storm. But yesterday, we had 2 rain storms, complete with lightening. Hoping it was enough water to save the plants. Nothing will save the grass now-it is a cold season grass and 100 degree temps for days is not conducive to its survival.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    We are lacking rain here in NY too. Even the weeds are turning brown.

The rain did revive our weeds though.
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-09-2012 at 06:08 AM. Reason: clarify
    Chris
    Unknown

It's the summer monsoon. Last year, no monsoon. Praying that it continues. No summer monsoon = no grassfed beef locally (or really expensive!).
    -- Ruth

oh man, had not thought of that! I know the local crops in general are not happy.
    Chris
    Unknown

Another week of travel and lack of sleep. Ugh! Trying to hold on here... It's not non-primal foods that get me -- it's too much food! I have got to learn to eat intuitively (and cut back a bit on the fruit...all that natural sugar...). Why is it so hard to only eat when I'm hungry and stop right before I'm full (so that I don't eat past full)? Lots of people (including my DH) do this naturally.. Some day, it WILL be me.
    -- Ruth

I was thinking about this on my way to work this morning. I think that in the past being hungry was so uncomfortable (nausea, lightheadedness, etc.) and couple that with the human survival need to stay fed its just a lot to overcome. I am finding that as hunger becomes less uncomfortable I am more comfortable being hungry. Now I just need to get to a point where I stop when I am no longer hungry. Not got a theory on this one, as it feels so uncomfortable to be full it should be enough of a disincentive to overeat?

Hang in there, every little step gets us that much closer to being the naturally thin people we have inside of us!
    Chris
    Unknown