Page 67 of 337 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I do exactly the same thing when I hit a low weight. And the whole time I am eating I am thinking "why don't I want to get to my goal, what is wrong with me...etc." But it doesn't stop me. And I never get an answer.

Hope you figure out the sleep thing.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Still tired today, but we are going to go hiking. It's usually one of the highlights of my work. Have to travel for work this week...yuck!

I am going to correct the path on my eating today. Day 1, here we come
    -- Ruth

Yesterday, Day 1, went really well. Whew. I was tired, and had a headache, but managed to get outdoors with DH and the dogs. Of course, I got a mild sunburn -- I wore a tank top for the first time, and didn't have enough sunscreen on those rarely exposed shoulder blades. Next time, will ask DH to apply.

Slept terribly last night, even though DH and the dogs fell asleep downstairs and did not make it up to the bedroom. That's unfortunate, because I usually sleep super well without them. Oh, well.

Crazy deadlines at work (driven by legislation, so they much be met). It's going to be a long week. That, and I'm traveling all week. Yuck.
    -- Ruth

Congrats on Day 1, sorry about the sunburn (we keep a spray sunscreen - Neutragena Ultra Sheer for those times when no one is around to help apply, DD is very fair)

I would suggest that you do something daily to reduce the stress of the week (meditation, bubble bath, whatever works for you) good luck with Day 2!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Have a great week!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I am interested in hearing more about the Precision Nutrition's Lean Eating Coaching program. Doing some googling but interested in being coached if you are up to it

Hope you are having a great day! I hear you about fruit binges too.. have had a couple this week.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Hope you are handling your stress well. How goes it?
    Chris
    Unknown

Hey, whatcha up to? Did you decide to go with the PN? It should start soon right?
    Chris
    Unknown

I'm okay. Holding on. The last 2 weeks were stressful. I had to work over the weekend (which I HATE) while we had company (even worse!!).

We went for a hike last Saturday and got lost. We ended up missing our trail on the way back (there were a lot of intersections and no signs). My friend got really, really sick. My husband got blisters. The dogs and I were mainly tired. We ended up going straight down the ski slope (no trail) and being 4 miles from our trailhead where the car was (it was a straight hike up for the car). Since our friend was so sick, DH hitched a ride to car and came to get us. Next day, I let my husband purchase a GPS made for hiking But, you know what? I made it. 8 miles and I made it. I was a little sore, but nothing terrible.

As far as weight...I'm depressed. I lose 3-5 pounds, sabotage myself, and gain them back. I measured today and thought "yeah, this is why my pants don't fit". The only reason I'm holding steady is that we hike 1-2 times a week and lift at the gym another 2x.

I've decided that my real issues are mental. I know how to eat well (of course, when I was doing weight watchers, I would have told you the same thing...and now I have a much different nutritional outlook). I rarely even stray off the primal/paleo path. My issues are that I eat too much of the "good" stuff (fruit, nuts), crowding out the "nutritional" stuff (which, ironically, I like). I also eat when I'm not truly hungry and/or past my full point because, at the time, it tastes good.

I'm also using food to help with energy. I sleep so lightly that I rarely feel rested. A nap helps, but with my work schedule, I can usually only manage one 1-2x/week. I feel like the sleep issue is a big key to some of my issues.

On the bright side, after 6 months, the persistent acne is clearing up. I never had acne, and what little I did have went away when I went Paleo. Even when I truly was eating good (not abusing food), the acne would not go away. I'm wondering if it's the Vit D - we are spending a lot of time outside.

I really like Chris's thankfulness thought of the day. Today, I'm thankful that we moved to New Mexico and are able to get out every weekend and enjoy the outdoors. It's not only good for my physically, but I think it helps me mentally. And, it's strengthened my relationship with DH - we both look forward to this every weekend.
    -- Ruth

Oh, yes. Forgot. I am going to do the PN thing. Registration is July 17. I hate to wish my summer away, but I'm ready. I need help!
    -- Ruth