Page 62 of 349 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 62

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Mind word is the hardest thing! I'm attempting to work on it as well (as I sit here mentally craving some sunbutter or something...though I'm pleasantly full from breakfast).

I'm plum tired today. We are working out with the trainer and then a friend of ours is driving in from TX and will spend the night. I'm excited for him to visit us, but it means a late dinner (and I prefer to eat earlier!). The things we do for friends.

My bestest friend (all the way from high school) is in town this weekend visiting her sister. I'm totally excited to see her as well. It should be a great weekend!!!
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    mmmmm sunbutter!!

Have an awesome weekend.. sounds like your on your way
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Have fun!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    One of my favorite thing to do is to have friends over to our house! Have a great weekend.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I hesitate to write today, because, well, things are NOT going so well. But, this is a journal and I hope to (soon) come back out on the other side...and it will be nice then to have recorded what happens along the way.

I'm officially up over 11 pounds. 8 of those pounds came this week. Ordinarily, I'd say that's not possible given the way/how much I eat. Unfortunately, everything I've been experiencing recently happened in the past...and it was bad news to say the least. I'm almost certain at this point that my PCOS has returned. How or why, I have no clue. The extreme fatigue. The acne that won't go away. The very sudden (and real -- NOTHING fits -- and, I had just given away my bigger clothes, since I've maintained at this weight (+/- 5) for 6 months) weight loss. It happened years ago. I'm scared. I'm upset. Actually, I'm terrified. The weight really piled on last time, even with watching what I was eating and working out. Ironically -- this is about the weight I was when things went haywire last time.

I feel powerless. I feel out of control. If eating paleo/primal, watching fairly closely the macros, etc. does not work, then what am I supposed to do? I feel like my body has betrayed me.

Of course, now I'm eating better than last time this happened (primal vs weight watchers). And, now I know what the *likely* culprit is. It won't take me years to find someone who believes I have a problem. I saw a doctor and she took my complaints seriously. Had a ton of blood work done yesterday. I know this is terrible, but I really hope that the PCOS symptoms show up...because then I have an answer and can decide how I'm going to treat it. Just wish it didn't take around 2 weeks for the results to come in. Argh. And, I travel for 7 straight days next week.

I feel bad about this post...but, I'm still somewhat optimistic that things will turn around. I'm trying hard to continue to eat well. I'm doing my best to sleep well. I'm still LHT 2x/week. Soon I hope to have a better post!

You have so much going for you this time around. Healthier eating and of course knowing what it is will go a long way to nipping it in the bud.

I cannot stress enough how important it is going to be to your mental well being and to your recovery that you keep posting, or at least keep a record somewhere if you would rather not share it with the world, so to speak. Tracking what you eat and your body's reactions to it will be helpful. As well as noting your mood, the weather (did you get any sunshine today) and any number of other things that you can detail may end up having significance when you look back over a series of entries.

I wish I could do more but you know I am with you in spirit.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I am so sorry that this is happening to you again. How frustrating. Try to remember that eating badly will only make the situation worse. Try to keep a good balance of macros. I'm not sure what you are eating now. I know that some believe PCOS sufferers should go very low carb, but maybe trying to hit 50g would help with your fatigue. We are here to support you.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

You ladies are beyond AWESOME. I'm not posting much (too tired), but I do keep track of you.

I had a day or two when I went minorly off the rails (eating too much, not necessarily "bad" foods...too much coconut butter [that stuff is like crack -- I can't start], sunbutter, etc.). Then (okay, today), I dusted myself off, and thought "like that's going to do anything good for you!". Really - eating crap will only make all of my problems worse.

I'm trying to figure out the carb thing. I usually eat between 25-50 g, almost all from veggies. I'm trying to avoid starchy veggies, but eat a TON of greens and other ones I like.
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oh it sounds like you are having a tough time. Its hard when the crap can be classified as primal crap but still affects your weight. Good news about finding a doctor that will try to help with the PCOS problem though. Hang in there. We seem to all be struggling even though we KNOW what we are suppose to be doing. Remember that we are there for each other even if its to vent (cray, scream, confess..)

*hugs*
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I notice my carbs are creeping up, but they are still all from my 7 different veggies for the most part, except for the once a week cheat. Even then they are still always under 100, most days near 50. I eat an apple at lunch and berries at breakfast, (this brings my total to the 9 different I aim for daily) so that pushes it up a bit. I enjoy my food more and weight wise it seems irrelevant.

For my cheat I set up a set of 7 steadfast rules, it is really helping me to not veer the rest of the week.
    Chris
    Unknown