Page 6 of 303 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 6

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hopefully tomorrow is another good scale day. My jeans, which were too tight last week, are not baggy (and not just because they haven't seen the dryer in a few days). I was really tired today, having woke up at 3 am and not able to get back to sleep. The weather is cold and over-cast and I think that played into it.

I'm still listening to my body. I had two more veggies planned for dinner (the rest of my artichoke hearts and pumpkin), but was stuffed, so decided they can wait until breakfast.

I must get some movement in this week!

Food today:
    1,187 calories; 30 g carbs; 49 g fat; 147 g protein (at least 10 from veggies, so net 137 - still over my goal); 14 g fiber. All of my beverages (plus, I think, a few more.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Those jeans will loosen up soon

I hate those sleepless nights. I have done the 12am thing, the 1am thing, the 2am thing, the 3am thing..LOL UGH! Hope you sleep better tonight.

God job listening to your body. It takes practice and I am still practicing! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I meant to say my jean are baggy

My refrigerator died. Sigh. Barely got the food out of the freezer into my chest freezer before it defrosted. Guess I know what we're getting for Christmas... Sometimes, it's no fun being an adult, owning your own home, etc.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I was so glad when ours went. We got a nice new one for 500. It never happens at a convenient time though.
    YAY baggy pants!

Today 165.5 (down a total of 6 pounds since I started). Will do measurements next week (though pants that haven't fit in awhile are fitting - something has likely changed!).

I sent the husband off to kettlebell training and promised that I'd do treadmill sprint. I told myself that I couldn't post on the computer until I did my sprints. I did tabatas on the treadmill. Yikes - my chest still burns. How can 8 spints, at 20 little old seconds, wind me so much?

While I was looking for some information on the RKC test, I found a nice article about some easy exercises I can do at home - 10 minutes a day. Anyone can squeeze in 10 minutes a day, right? So, here's my plan:
    1. Kettlebell swing
    2. Deadlift (this was originally the turkish get-up, but I'm not strong enough for that yet...though I may try to start without weights and practice the motions or something soon)
    3. Kettlbell cleans
    4. Kettlebell press
    5. Goblet squat
    6. Sprints (originally the snatch, but I need another training session or two so as to not hurt myself)
    I will also get back into greasing the groove to practice my pullup (my goal in 2012 is an unassisted pullup)

Happy Saturday everyone!

Can I just say easy this is (at least for now)? I used to read in envy posts talking about how the weight just melted off of them (actually, that was both my mom and husband when we started). I had to be a bit more strict than some, but it's not hard. I'm not hungry - this is the most important thing. On weight watchers, I was always hungry (because I was trying to leave too much room in for the junk - I probably would have been okay had I eaten primal combined with WW). Once I get to maintenance, I'll add in a few things now and then, but I'm pretty happy with the way I'm eating. This is so nice.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it , though? We are down to just two meals a day with no snacking because WE ARE NOT HUNGRY!!! So nice not to worry about packing snacks for a day of errand running.

Something I read really resonated with me. Hunger is not an emergency. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    So nice not to worry about packing snacks for a day of errand running.

Something I read really resonated with me. Hunger is not an emergency. So true.
    Yes, very true and very nice. But, if I eat crap, somehow it feels like one

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Today 165.5 (down a total of 6 pounds since I started). Will do measurements next week (though pants that haven't fit in awhile are fitting - something has likely changed!).

I sent the husband off to kettlebell training and promised that I'd do treadmill sprint. I told myself that I couldn't post on the computer until I did my sprints. I did tabatas on the treadmill. Yikes - my chest still burns. How can 8 spints, at 20 little old seconds, wind me so much?

While I was looking for some information on the RKC test, I found a nice article about some easy exercises I can do at home - 10 minutes a day. Anyone can squeeze in 10 minutes a day, right? So, here's my plan:
    1. Kettlebell swing
    2. Deadlift (this was originally the turkish get-up, but I'm not strong enough for that yet...though I may try to start without weights and practice the motions or something soon)
    3. Kettlbell cleans
    4. Kettlebell press
    5. Goblet squat
    6. Sprints (originally the snatch, but I need another training session or two so as to not hurt myself)
    I will also get back into greasing the groove to practice my pullup (my goal in 2012 is an unassisted pullup)

Happy Saturday everyone!
    Is this article online?? Would love to read it as I am toying with getting some kettle bells. I have regular dumb bells but I think I might have a better grip with kettle bells.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 6 of 303 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast