Page 58 of 337 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 58

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    heehee, don't we all!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I need to drink a lot more too. Maybe tea is the way to go. I need to up my liquid intake due to the iodine therapy anyway.

I can't wait to weigh on Sunday. I can already hear my mind suggesting..."How about every 2 weeks? or weekly? I wish I wasn't so obsessed with the number. If I could just look at it without reacting to it, I might be able to weigh more often. I have to break the binge cycle first I think.

The last time I went without weighing in, I was using the "4Golden Rules" (Paul McKenna-eat when hungry, only what you want, consciously, stop when no longer hungry). I actually reached my lowest weight in years. I was not tracking so I have no idea what I was eating. Unfortunately when I saw the number my brain said..."rats, if I had actually been dieting I would have lost even more" even though that strategy had never worked in the past. And then I proceeded to gain it all back.

Really want to get back to that whole way of eating/thinking, but obviously, scared.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yeah, I know when I weigh on Sunday, no matter the outcome, my brain will have something to say about bingeing.

"See there, that's what happens when you binge half the time."
    "Imagine what the number could have been if..."
    "You were lucky..."

I have to work on mind control. lol

I am so hoping Sunday is a positive experience, so that I can keep doing it. Really want to let go of the number. Even now I am thinking I may need to do a 3 day average, in case Sunday is a high day. What if I missed the low number day. ARGHHHH!!!
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Funny thing, right now, I was happy to put the scale away again. I knew I had let myself fly off the rails...the scale was not a shock. My only regret - I wish I knew the number before I started the 21DSD to see if that could help me.

I can't wait until the day I can get my head where it needs to be in relation to the scale. I'll continue to work on it.

Here's another interesting thing. I think I've mentioned that my office "home base" is in TX and I'm in NM (two different time zones). My computer clock (for work) is hooked to the network and stay on TX time (where I'm "officially based"). At certain times -- noon (central -- but 11 am mtn) and 4 (central -- but 3 pm mtn) I start craving food. On my off days, or days away from the home office, I don't have these same cravings. There's something about that clock...
    -- Ruth

funny, my food clock is set more to activities than times. Walking in the door-no matter where I have been, waking up from a nap (which is a weird one cause the sleep should have made me not need food, and I don't like to eat when I first wake up in the morning), needing to vacuum, making dinner (but not making breakfast or lunch), etc.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday went well. The sugar cravings are leaving. But, I'm still eating too much. I know why the scale was in the wrong direction...I started tracking again yesterday... yes, eating way too much. [I know that calories are everything, but 1800-2000 calories a day, no matter what I"m eating, is too much for me!]

Anyway, feeling, I don't know, discouraged today? Like getting back to 155 is not going to be possible? I know that it is, but why is it so hard some days?

Have a busy day of work planned. Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!
    -- Ruth

Maybe it is time to put your loss on hold for say a month and focus on feeling good about where you are in your eating habits as well as your exercise and with the progress you have made. I feel like you're stressing about the number and not giving yourself credit for all that you have accomplished, which is amazing and I am so very jealous of!
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-13-2012 at 09:08 AM. Reason: correct grammer
    Chris
    Unknown

I know...I'm discouraged today because my pants are too tight. Not looking forward to weighing in. I hope it is because I dried them.