Page 56 of 345 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 56

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Back from my travels. Ugh, I'm tired! Play golf. My first time - ever. I don't actually think I've even ever played mini-golf. My team included the CEO. Good think that I have a lot more confidence since I've lost weight - didn't phase me to play with him. And yes, I'm rather terrible at golf. I should not quit my day job anytime soon.

I had bought some dark chocolate in individual squares. I'm proud of myself, though. It took me about 20 minutes to eat each square. That's the way it should be!!!
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    good to see you back.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Glad your back and you were successful on your trip..golf aside lol

For the record..I sucked @ golf too
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Today is the first day sans scale. It is tucked away on the top shelf of the closet. I can go get it if I think I really need, but luckily I'm too lazy for that for the most part. I'm a bit scared.

But, I also know that I've had some of my absolute best weight loss with the silly box. It's part because I don't play games like "I wonder if that piece of chocolate will show up on the scale", and then if it doesn't, I eat too much chocolate. Without the scale, I'm like: better stay clean because who knows what it does to the scale.

Or, on the other hand, on a special occasion (my birthday, Easter, our anniversary), I simply enjoy myself without worrying what it will do to the box.

I've had some dark chocolate 3 days in a row. Not a lot. But, last night, my stomach was cramping so bad. Today, it's rumbly. I know that it means the dairy was too much. What a bummer.

I'm working toward a healthier relationship with food. Still struggle to stop when I'm full. It's like I think I can't get more food if I'm hungry, even though I have a house full of food! Will keep working on the mental side of things this month.
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Without the scale, I'm like: better stay clean because who knows what it does to the scale.

Or, on the other hand, on a special occasion (my birthday, Easter, our anniversary), I simply enjoy myself without worrying what it will do to the box.
    Yes to both of those things. I am also not torturing myself with the should have...thoughts.

Yesterday was less than spectacular on the food front. It was my usual - I did great (and felt great) all through the day. Then, at the end, I let myself go. It's not like I was hungry - so why keep eating? In part, it's because my stomach hurts (still I'm messed up from the chocolate...if this doesn't remind me that I really am dairy intolerant, I don't know what will!] I'm wondering if I need an eating window that says "kitchen is closed to you now" and call it good. I don't think I can handle a 5 hour window like Karin, but maybe an 8 or 9 hour window that makes me STOP (unless I'm truly hungry). Will ponder this today.

Hope everyone has a spectacular day!
    -- Ruth

I have a real problem with Sundays. I get this "Damn, tomorrow is Monday, better eat." attitude. Yesterday, I had no excuse as I am on vacation. I got a little too drunk and lost my food inhibitions.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!! Hope it is a great one! A little chocolate at the least is OK!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Happy Birthday Ruth!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I'm wondering if I need an eating window that says "kitchen is closed to you now" and call it good. I don't think I can handle a 5 hour window like Karin, but maybe an 8 or 9 hour window that makes me STOP (unless I'm truly hungry). Will ponder this today.
    For me, I find that if I only allow myself what I have on my plate, or have planned, and no seconds that I do better. My window is that I will not allow myself to eat after dinner which I like to finish by about 6:30 to allow 3 hours before going to bed. I find I don't actually feel 'full' for at least an hour after I finish (I am obviously missing the 'that is enough signal my body must send) but I will feel 'full' after that for hours and that makes it difficult to get comfy enough to sleep.

I am really in a window similar to Karin's without actually planning it. I tend to just do HWC with coffee most mornings. Then lunch is usually around 1 and I finish eating by about 6:30. It is not working for the scale. What I find does work is simplicity. Put a protein source, 2 veggies, and some salad on the plate, simply prepared with not much on it (ie. sauces to a minimum) and I lose. Start getting fancy and I stall. There is a lesson there for me I think.

p.s. happy belated birthday!
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-08-2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day