Page 53 of 331 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 53

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Recent studies show that it takes a year (pretty sure this time is right) for the body to stop needing to be dieting in order to maintain a significant weight loss. In other words you don't go on "maintenance" until you have been at your goal for a very long time.

That said, I feel certain that a good deal of that gain is water. Really do you believe that you ate in excess of 3500 calories every single day? So unlikely. Sleep is the other culprit, lack of will mess you up.

So be good to yourself, nap if you feel the need!!!! Drink, drink and then drink some more. Doesn't have to be water. Do you drink tea? green tea is an excellent choice. See what happens is you concentrate on sleep and fluids intake.

Also, I would suggest the Binaural Beats (do a youtube search) as a meditation for your nap, they are very calming. Stress is the other thing that effects your urge to eat.

Good luck
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks, Chris. You are a voice of reason in the sea of my tumultuous emotions. I do not think I gained 10 pounds of fat - my clothing still fits and the measurements are still okay. I know I need sleep and to keep pumping my body full of nutritious foods. This too shall pass!
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    my first thought was water too. Just get back to your regular routine and you should get back to your norm. Try not to let emotions discourage you. Hang in there chica!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I was going to add the green tea also as wisely suggested above. Add a little lemon wedge in when you heat it to add flavor and bioflavinoids (good for detox). Drink something first anytime you want to eat unplanned. Get out of the house if possible too - stay busy to distract yourself. You know what to do - trust yourself!

Thanks, ladies, for all of your support. It helped a lot. I am out of my "oh, pity me" funk. TOM started today, so that explains a lot of the emotion yesterday.

Went to the gym to workout with our trainer. Having a trainer really helps push me. I won't lie - I generally workout because I want a nice looking body. [I also want to lead a healthy, active life. Especially if we have kids. And, I want to hike/snowshoe/etc. without being the one holding us back.] But yesterday, I think it snapped me out of my funk. I didn't want to go. But, when you are paying someone, well, you go. Anyway, he pushes me more than I would myself. I was feeling all sorry for myself. We were almost done with a pretty intense lifting session when he says we are going to do sled work. Only this time - the weights were myself (for DH) and DH (for me). [Here's what a sled looks like: ]Amazon.com: MiR Heavy Duty Weighted Power Speed Training Sled with Shoulder Harness (Holiday Sale - 42% Off): Sports & Outdoors. I pushed DH all the way around the track. While he's skinny, he's not that skinny. Then, I pulled him all the way around the track. Yeah, baby, I might be overweight, but there's some power in these legs! [DH pushed/pulled me all the way around too]
    -- Ruth

woohoo! proud of you, especially that you pulled out of the funk!

A trainer will definitely push you harder than you will push yourself. take care of yourself today, you deserve it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ooo giiiirrrrrl.. RememberL you are strong, you are healthy, you are confident and you are beautiful!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh how I hate the emotional ups and downs of weightloss. Glad you were able to come out of it so quickly.

so you must be soo busy, hope all is going well!
    Chris
    Unknown

Another week of travel. I'm beat. I can't say I did all that great. I had some soy. I had some sugar in a sauce (on the most delightful, local-grown squash!). I enjoyed the food. I doubt the scale is going to be happy with me Missed you all. MOre later....
    -- Ruth