Page 51 of 337 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 51

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How fun! I had a woman the other day ask me about my weight loss, and when I told her I don't eat sugar or flour (my usual starting line when asked) then proceed to tell me the whole "gluten thing" is just a fad. I said I eat 9 fruits and vegetables a day. It shut her up.

I think when I can get back into my wedding dress (I weighed 170 when I wore it) I will be happy. Body composition is way more important than the scale, we will remind you.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    155.8 (-.4, but still up .4). How odd...after yesterday's workout, I expected to be up more. It'll probably show tomorrow. For now, I'm certainly not complaining

I'm pleasantly sore from yesterday's workout, though not crazy sore like last week. I feel happy, although I'm having one of those "I don't want to work outside of the home" days. This too shall pass, I'm sure

DH took my half-naked pictures last night. I'm wearing a pair of shorts that are too small and a tank top that is too tight. That's okay, because it's my "goal outfit". I look forward to being able to wear the outfit out of the house I asked DH if he'd like pictures. He said, "why? I just care what I'm going to look like". Such a healthy attitude my DH has...he doesn't obsess the way I do and doesn't need pictures to help see progress.
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    It is so hard not to see the scale number and not be defined by it. Yeah for goal pics though!! How often do you plan on trying on the outfit? Progression pics might keep you motivated too.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Do you remember the commercial (no idea what it was for, so not a very successful one) where they had guys in bars say the things to the camera that women usually say...the only quote I remember is the last one the where the guy says "do these pants make my butt look fat?" it is hilarious. But it also slapped me in the head with the difference in perspective.

My hubby just saw a photo of himself now, and said "do I really look that skinny" and I said yes, and he surprised-he expected me to say no. So even guys have some trouble knowing what they really look like.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Pics and measurements are really the best indicator and more inspiring too. I am up on the scale today, but still feeling good about myself because of yesterday. Go figure.

well Paula, that is because you looked great yesterday!
    Chris
    Unknown

156.6. Yeah, knew the up would come. If nothing else, I had too much salt from lunch yesterday (darned work, always getting in the way of my life). It was fairly health (a huge bowl of sauteed kale and grilled flank steak), but it was salty -- even for a person who likes salt.

More Santa Fe today. Hopefully I can avoid lunch out, but it depends on how long our hearing goes.

Tonight should be weight lifting. Send positive vibes that I'm not too tired to go. Sleep is again disturbed and I work up at 3:40 am. Sure wish that I could figure this out!!!!
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oh my.. looks like we all have sleep issues.. maybe its more than periods that are shared by women in a group. LOL Hope you have a great day, full of energy!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

156.8. I'm reminding myself that I knew this would happen when I started lifting heavy. Yesterday was a heavy lifting day and over on the carbs. I'm also about to start ovulation (sorry, probably TMI), which also usually causes a temporary spike. I feel better though and know that I've had some inch loss (my pen died, so I didn't write down my measurements, sigh). I know that I'd rather wear a smaller dress size than I would lose 5 pounds that didn't really change my body shape. I think the challenge is that body recomp is a very incremental process and on a day to day basis, it's hard to measure and know that one is making progress.

I also have many upcoming days of travel and eating out, which usually throws me off balance. Denver, Houston, and then my mini-vacation with my BFF to Sacramento. I'll have to muddle through as best as I can. It also means my workouts will suffer a bit, just when I'm getting back into them.
    -- Ruth

most hotels have work out rooms now.
    Chris
    Unknown