Page 5 of 331 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 5

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We have made 2 trips to Denmark, each was 3 weeks long. I weighed close to 200 on both (although because I keep an hourglass figure I rarely look my actual weight, thanks to full skirts). I have red, wild, curly hair. And am 5'7" flat footed, but while there wore clogs (2" heels) the whole time. I drew a lot of looks. The Danes are blondes for the most part with fine, straight hair. My DD looked Danish enough, but DS is dark haired and olive complected, round faced and huge dark brown eyes. And the area we were in were not your typical tourist areas as we were staying with friends, and DH was actually working at the university there. To be fair though, even at my goal weight of 160, I would be bigger than most Danes (I have a farmer's bone structure and the Danes are more porcelain doll)

p.s. @RMS, we can understand what you are saying so its all good!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Drum roll please - today is 168.5. I got on and off the scale 3x to see if that was right. I don't remember to last time I weighed this little. It's been at least 8 years. Maybe longer (the gaining weight part was all a blur...). Here's what weird. I'm not really doing things much different. For sure, I haven't really changed my eating -- what's in my journal is pretty close to what I've been eating for a year. I rarely have primal "treats" (breads, cookies, cakes, candy, etc.).

There are only two things I've really changed: (i) I got serious about no fruit (because of the craving issue); and (ii) I'm pushing a lot more liquid these days. Although I'm weighing and measuring my food more closely, I make a point to say something like "this should be about 4 oz" and then put it on my scale. I'm amazing accurate (this is a good thing). In other words, I don't think I've really changed my portions. I'm not even getting in the exercise I want/need to (yet).

I'll take it, though. (*Doing a happy dance around my computer*) Made pumpkin bread for the family's breakfast. Didn't try a bit of it (hope it tastes okay). Victory, today!!!

We're going to Nepal at the end of May. I'm trying not to get a weight loss goal (because my body has its own schedule), but I hope I'm at least 140. They are such small people. Not only do I feel like a towering giant (at 5"5'), but historically, I've been so much bigger. That's almost 6 full months away. I can make a lot of progress in those 6 months.
    You can do so much in 6 months! Hooray for the vacation!! What a great motivation! Love that you are seeing success!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    This morning - 167!!! Off to SF - another water challenged day...and business dinner out.

WOWOW! you are doing great, even with the water challenges, congrats!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

What is your plan for dinner out? Have you scoped the restaurant and the options? Keep moving forward!!
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Keep it up girl!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Today marks week 1 of my primal + S.P.E.E.D. journey. I weighted in at 166.5, even with two eating out two meals and not getting all my water yesterday. That means I lost 5 pounds (!!!!!!!!!!) this week. Or, if I look at where I was holding before Thanksgiving, 3.5 pounds. I have NEVER lost 5 pounds in a week, with the exception of the week both my grandparents passed away (that actually took me to 170). Not when I did Atkins, Weight Watcher, some crazy low-cal/low-fat/low-carb program. Never. I'm beyond excited. I lost almost 3% of my body weight this week. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's what I've noticed that I've done different:
    * Beef instead of eggs for breakfast. In other words, more protein for my calorie buck.
    * No fruit. I think it's because fruit causes me to crave sugar. It's not necessarily about carbs - I enjoyed a bit of sweet potato, tons of carrots, and butternut squash this week.
    * A ton of liquid. 3 or 4x the amount I was getting. I don't feel like I'm forcing it, either. I think I needed some additional liquid.
    * I didn't exercise. I plan to change that for this coming week. I don't want to be losing my muscle or bone.
    * I listened to my hunger. If I wasn't hungry to finish my breakfast, I didn't. If I needed a snack, I ate it (though it was usually my leftover breakfast - no pork rinds, nuts, or fruit for my snack).

What I didn't change:
    * My portions. I was very diligent about weighing and measuring, but I tried to guess how much I had before I put it on the scale, in the cup, etc. I was surprised, but happy (good for maintenance).
    * Sleep. I already had a good routine, a totally dark room, leave lots of time, don't wake up to the alarm, etc. I'm trying to sleep better, but haven't gotten too far with that yet

As far as eating out yesterday, I had no time to plan or prepare. It was like, we're going here, let's go over now. Okay. I had to put on my big girl pants and order "boring" food (really, it's often hard to find good primal food unless I convince everyone to go to a steakhouse). But, seriously, it's food. There's no shortage. There was nothing really special (well, except for dinner, at my favorite cuban restaurant...but I can go there again some day in the future when I'm more willing to indulge).

Today will hopefully be good on the beverages. I need to get to the grocery store (I think I've said that every day this week). I think even my frozen veggie supply is about depleted!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    OMG, I am so excited for you. Imagine what your body will do when you add in exercise. It doesn't even have to be a lot.

congrats! So very happy for you, it is lovely to have so much change on the scale for such reasonable changes in diet/life. Thrilled for you.
    Chris
    Unknown

That is just fantastic!!
    Karin

Page 5 of 331 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast