Page 49 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 49

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    congrats on being down even if only slightly. my roller coaster seems to have less to do with hormones and probably more to do with schedules. Since I hit a low every week, and then back up a little, then again a new low the next week.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Today, 156.4. Tomorrow and the next day are sure to be up.

For Lent, DH and I decided to join the gym. We usually give something up (not because we have to, but because it's a nice reminder of the season...actually, long before I was primal, that's how I gave up diet pop). Anyway, we went today. We rowed, did back squats, back extensions on the roman chair, pull ups (assisted, of course), and chest press. I've lost a lot of strength in my back, which impacts my squats. But, I know that if I am consistent over the next 6 weeks, and keep my diet clean (9 servings of veggies, protein, etc), the strength will come back and I should hopefully shed some I inches. I enjoy going with DH because we can spot each other and watch form. The gym also has a great indoor pool and racquetball courts. If I'm not too tired from my Texas trip, then maybe we can play a game this's weekend.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Fun! I used to love racquetball - such fun and you don't need to be great to enjoy it! What a great idea for lent - give up your excuses for 6 weeks and you may find that you can live without them.

how fun. Dh and I have always had too much of a differential in ability/stamina to do sports together. We tried racquetball and tennis early in our dating. I am not good with implements...rackets, skates, bikes, etc. I can walk, run (if I have to), dance, swim...which is why dancing worked so well, he had more stamina I had more ability it balanced.

Make sure you take your measurements. You know this is gonna mess with the number on the scale, but you can't fake the measurements.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

156.8. Up, but not unexpected...I am VERY sore today.

DH is in much better shape, but weight lifting is good because we can swap out weights. Racquetball, he'll kick my rear!

Chris, you are so very right. I need measurements...will take tomorrow before I leave for TX.

Dh takes way too long at the gym for my tastes. And his is a wellness center, none of the fun classes I would be interested in. The insurance covers part of it because he has sciolosis (curvature of the spine in 2 directions) and they are trying to strengthen his core so that his back will stop going out. I actually think he may be part of a research project for one of the trainers (it is a University facility).
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Love what you are doing for lent. Sounds like you are having fun too! Always nice to have a partner in "play", even if your butt gets kicked in raquetball..LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

155.4 - a new low (yay!). I once weighed 240 pounds. Although the progress is slow, I've come a long way, baby. I need to remind that of myself sometimes!

It was a long week away from home, but I did well. I packed my meals, including veggies, stayed at the Residence Inn so I could do a little cooking. At out once and at a friend's once. I'm glad to be home. I'm glad I'm at a new low DH and I are meeting with a trainer tomorrow to refresh ourselves on proper form (comes with the gym membership).

It's Friday. Hooray.......

OMG! You are doing so well. do you mind giving us your weight loss story, I could use a little inspiration right now. I am fairly close to where you started and you are fairly close to where I want to end up.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    YIIPPEEE!! I love watching you and your success!! I agree.. we want a story!!

I am going to need some travel food tips for my conference in April. details later.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.