Page 48 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 48

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I've never looked at Pinterest. I hope you girls haven't turned me on to another addiction.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    don't look, it is a serious addiction!!

can't find the iodine anyone? thread. will look harder.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I linked it in my journal about three pages ago. Nevermind, can't find it now.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-16-2012 at 12:20 PM.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Ok. so I ordered some kelp noodles after calling around and finding none sold in the area. Sooooo what in the world do I do with them. I googled and found a chicken kelp noodle soup.. but... how do YOU make them? Did I read that the lack of iodine could be a factor in slow to no weight loss?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have not tried them. Did the shiritaki ones, in a peanut sauce-pre-primal, they were pretty yummy that way, but would never be mistaken for pasta. Although I don't miss pasta so I don't really care about that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    If its another way to get a veggie in than I am game. Checking out some recipes...

Some things look good here:http://www.kelpnoodles.com/recipes.html
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-16-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I dump them in with my other sautéed veggies. They dont remind me a pasta (which I don't miss).

I'm using the kelp noodles for sleep, but have heard iodine deficiency can hinder weight loss. Like Chis, I implemented about three things at once, so hard to know what impact, if any, they've had on weight loss.

Pinterest = too much time. Found a great idea for all my jewelry, though. Best to only get lost in that pit if you need something specific.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    You guys remind me that I've got to eat my kelp noodles! Bought a case a year ago had them once and not since. They put me off a little with their clearness - they seem more like I'm eating plastic or something that is not food, but they really don't taste bad at all. Been eating my brasil nuts (selenium) and taking my kelp supps though. Also had shrimp last week (not my fav but OK) which has lots of iodine. Cutting out the salt and all processed foods, many of us may be getting low on iodine as it is not added to sea salt or other fancy salts (I'm not just a coffee snob anymore, now it's all food, suppliments and even salt - regular salt is awfull to me now).

As for the job - follow your heart. You know that money isn't everything and can not buy real, long lasting happiness. We paid off our house 1 1/2 yrs ago (25 yrs early) as our investments had stalled and the interest we were paying each month (>1200/mo) was just a waste to me. I cashed in a bunch of stock and was done with it. Being debt free is so freeing. Better or worse, we own what we have. Since paying off the house, I've saved us >20k in interest, just in a year and a half. I may not have the write-off for my taxes but saving that 30% isn't enough for me to spend it in the first place, if I don't have to. In the end, you need to spend some time thinking through the trade offs so that you at least can feel that you know what ever decision is costing/saving you in time, money and whatever the trade off is. That and don't burn your bridges behind you so that you can have a chance at finding your way back if the new job is not all it appeared to be

158.2 (up). Sigh. PMS week begins today. I don't have a lot of data points, but I do notice a lot of craziness right before TOM, after which things go back down. My roller coaster week

Not a lot new to report right now. Gotta go to SF and then it's the weekend. Yay.

I'm thinking about taking some sewing lessons. At the very least, I'd like to be able mend hems or lining that come undone. I'll probably never be a great seamstress, but it would be nice to have some basic skills.

Need to hop on my treadmill...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    157.4. Down slightly again.

Today, today, today. No real plans, which is kind of nice. For sure some jerky (we eat that like it's going out of style). DH is dying for some gluten free donuts. While I don't love that he eats them (more for his health, since he doesn't have a weight problem), better I make them and control the ingredients.

Happy Saturday.