Page 46 of 329 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 46

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Don't realize how much happens in our lives until we can't share it for a few days! I don't care much for Valentine's, as it is a totally made up day. I would prefer he do something romantic spontaneously. He doesn't. I sent him a video of Alison Krauss singing "When you say nothing at all" he appreciated it, but will appreciate it more if I clorox the heck out of the bathroom before he gets home on Thursday!

congrats on the weight, how very exciting!!!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    yeah for the loss and being so close to your goal. I agree that catching up when we have been out of touch for a while is challenging. I am just glad to have ya'll back.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I think we should all exchange email addresses just in case.

Ruth so happy about the loss.

I sent mine.. thats a good idea Paula
    Karin

great idea, I am on it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    A really nice day. But, I ate too much (too many carbs, too much in general, too much salt, not enough veggies). I'm not sweating it today. I didn't go crazy on chocolate or anything, so I'm happy.

Here we are today (pardon the bad hair day and the fact that I can't decorate), me in my new red dress ( can't figure out why it is sideways, when I saved it upright). After dinner, DH took me to the thrift store. How sweet is that (he hates the thrift store)?
    DSCF2021.jpg

I'm not one for swimsuits, but if I were to get one, I'd get this one: The Vintage Inspired Marilyn Swimsuit in Pink by Pinup Couture | Pinup Girl Clothing (of course, the paying of paying $100 is insane, but I like it anyway). I can only dream of curves like these ladies By the way - where do you think they measure the waist? Is it at the belly button or the high waist?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Cute! You guys look great.

Waist measurement - There is probably a measurement chart and information on the site which would tell you. I always think natural waist. Belly button is usually for measuring body fat?
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-15-2012 at 04:57 AM.

You guys are adorable! Love the red dress and the bow tie!

waist measurement, is I think, at the smallest part, my belly button is the width of the tape measure away from the smallest part (at least right now).

I have a site saved that custom fits jeans for you. You pick your style and send in your very precise measurements and they make them! Pricey, but to me a perfect reward for reaching goal!
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    157.2. That's up, but not unexpected

Ooh, jeans that actually fit. Once I'm at goal - and feel like I can stay there - I'm getting good (perhaps custom!) jeans.

Job situation...
    In my current job, I basically have the same responsibilities as the other managers, but I'm a pay grade below and make between 10-20k less than the others. I like what I do, I'm very good at what I do, but it's a lot of work. More than 40 hours a week. I had decided that I was going to not finish my PhD (I'm ABD), because to do so means sacrificing time with my family, which I'm no longer willing to do. I have a (really) good boss, I work from home 2-3 days a weeks, and get to dress up and interact with others the other 2-3 days. Life is not terrible, I'm just irritated that I get paid less than the others (and, by nature of our jobs, our groups works way longer hours than other comparable groups, who are also paid the same).

Enter my local lobbyist, who is now retiring. I have decided that I want her job. I waited for weeks for it to finally post...and on Friday it did. Here's now the problem. It's a pay grade below me, and I'd probably have to take a pay cut. I most likely would not be eligible for raises (because I'd be too high in the pay grade), although I could get bonuses (assuming it's a year they are paid out). [It's also located elsewhere in the state, and I'd have to convince the powers that be that I should remain here...but that's a different issue.] BUT, it's a much easier job in comparison. I would have time to finish my PhD. It would be a fun job.

I called my boss and told her I was thinking about applying for the other. Cool boss that she is, she said she'd support me either way, giving me a great recommendation if I choose to apply. She is going to work on trying to upgrade my job [she's only been here less than a year], but that will probably take at least a year [if not more, knowing my company] for that to happen. More money, or more time, that is the question. [Of course, there's no guarantee I'll even get the job - I just know that I'll be a top contender.]

I struggled all weekend whether to even apply (it's a lot of work just to apply, and no need to waste my time if I wasn't seriously interested). I finally decided to apply and see where the chips fall. Now I have to work on the cover letter selling myself and my location

I agree love the red dress and you guys are so adorable!! Sounds like you had a fun evening.

As for the job: If you want it, I say go for it. Life is too short to be in a job you do not like. I totally get wanting/wishing you made more money (that is a teacher's lot as well). In short, be happy and go for the job you want.
    Karin