Page 45 of 345 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 45

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    158.2 (down .6 from yesterday, .2 overall). A new low!! It's coming off, although I need to figure out how to make it go a bit faster than .2 a week

Tried the 5 HTP last night. I think the quality was better. Will need a few more night to really test it out.

I had incredible energy yesterday. For the last 5 days, no afternoon slump. The added veggies have done wonders. If I could get the sleep down, and be consistent with my movement, I have no doubt I'd lose weight like a rock star.

Bought some new underwear yesterday. I didn't need them, but I wanted some pretty (but functional) underwear. My old stuff is all serviceable, but don't make me feel pretty. I also bought a few blazers/shirts/sweaters on clearance. All size small. Ladies, while I've lost a ton of weight, I'm still overweight. I still outweigh my husband by 15-20 pounds. How, exactly, can I need a small? And, when I some day get to 135, what size exactly will I wear? And, where will I find such outfits?
    Last edited by RMS123; 02-10-2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: spelling

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Good gracious girl, why are you fixed on a number?? Do not compare your weight to your husbands. a number for weight does not define and is unique to everyone. This you know I am sure. As for sizes.. its good to wonder, but do not obsess. You will probably shop in the misses or juniors department OR you will have to use alterations.

Hooray for the new clothes!! Sounds awesome!! Oh, and DO BUY PRETTY UNDERWEAR!! Its amazing how it makes you feel! Its a moral booster, or at least it is for me
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I can empathize with wanting to weigh less than hubby. I managed to stay just under DH's weight all through, until I got pregnant. Then not since, even though I did once break 200 (I had food poisoning that kicked off a 2 month stint of the IBD), he was on his light end at the time as well. Not sure why it matters, but for me it sort of does. Of course I don't have to hit 135 to do it, I think DH is at like 175 right now (which is really too low for him, he won't be able to maintain it-his normal is 185-190).

By the by-how tall are you, and are you small framed? 135 seems like it is really low? When you get there you will shop at the fancier stores (like Talbots and we have one here called Levy's) their sizes run true and their fabrics are divine.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Good gracious girl, why are you fixed on a number?? Do not compare your weight to your husbands. a number for weight does not define and is unique to everyone. This you know I am sure. As for sizes.. its good to wonder, but do not obsess. You will probably shop in the misses or juniors department OR you will have to use alterations.

Hooray for the new clothes!! Sounds awesome!! Oh, and DO BUY PRETTY UNDERWEAR!! Its amazing how it makes you feel! Its a moral booster, or at least it is for me
    +1 BTW Karin, Do YOU have pretty underwear for tonight? Not that he will see it of course, but you will know.

Ruth, hope your weekend went well.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

OMG, ladies. I've missed you. How crazy is that? I have so much to tell you & I need your advice. I'm at the dentist & will write more later (you know I struggle on my phone).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Missed you gals too. Makes me wonder if I am going to need rehab from MDA someday.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    me three!!! We can all go to rehab together!! hahahaha
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Me four!!!! the shut out made me wonder how I was gonna find you guys if the site never came back up.

I wonder, in the "improvements" made to the site, why they didn't add the ability of the person who started a thread to delete a troll?
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So much to report...I'm sure to forget things I've wanted to mention. I missed our group. Can you say withdrawal? I wanted so badly to discuss with my internet friends!!!

Okay, starting with my weight loss numbers. Things are working: sleep (yay HTP and perhaps kelp noodles?), protein, 9+ servings of veggies, enough good fat. Slow movement (walking) when I have time, but doesn't seem like I have to stress about things.
    Sat - 157.8 (that was a new low)
    Sun - 156.2 (another new low)
    Mon - 157.2
    Tue - 156.4
    I am 11.4 pounds from my goal weight - and then I'll re-evaluate. At 149.5, I'm no longer considered overweight by the BMI (as always, it's not the be all end all, but my insurance uses it....). I'm so close I can taste it!!! I have a fair amount of fat still to lose. I'm not sure enough will be gone by 145, but I'll wait and see what leaves my body Of course, if I'd be more consistent with LHT, I think things would be even better.

Got my taxes done this weekend. I HATE doing taxes. We have a refund. I don't like refunds - the government having my money without paying me interest. I would rather owe. But, taxes are done. Yay.

Today is VDay. 16 years ago, DH proposed to me. He's very romantic. I am not. I do not like gifts on VDay. I certainly do not want candy or flowers. And, cards? What a waste of money. DH knows this (now). Last night, for my "gift", we went to the library (I like to be chauffeured around), Whole Foods (it's really far away - we go once every 3 months or so), and then Ann Taylor (DH bought me a pair of black pants - which I desperately needed - on clearance!!). For DH, I will don my new red dress and go out to dinner (which, I don't generally enjoy, and I specifically don't like on VDay with all the crowds). I'm also going to make him Paleo Bread and some Strawberry “Cream Cheese” (Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Egg/Nut/Seed Free) with directions to also make Sugar Free. | Real Sustenance.

Need your advice on a job situation, but will have to get back to that shortly!