Page 41 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 41

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    My mom dropped and broke my scale. Hence, back to cup measurements.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I just got mine before Christmas, so it is new enough to me that I still use it, also no clean up of the extra measuring cups. I have minimal clean up to an art, I tell ya!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I want a new one, but can't bear to pay $20. I'm on the hunt for a cheaper one.

Ate lots of veggies today (I call it 9 servings). I'm most definitely fully. 3 cups collard greens (raw), 2.5 cups coleslaw mix (raw), 1 cup mashed pumpkin (I counted this as two, since a serving is 1/2 cup), 8 oz mushrooms (raw). I need more color, but I'm still working on that!

For some reason, I'm worried about the number Mr. Grumpy Pants will display tomorrow. I think it's because I've "tasted" a bit too much of the food I've made for the family. I made DH and mom some pumpkin cookies, with added protein (unflavored gelatin). I'd just as soon they'd skip the sugar, but hey, at least I controlled the sugar, there's some protein, and pumpkin is good for them.

I have some spinach in the dehydrator. Will see if I can come up with a powder to mix into their food. They aren't so hip on veggies for breakfast (unless I hide them in their food...along with some protein!).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I still have the digital scale that I got when leaving a CW eating disorders hospital 20 yrs ago. It's a good scale. They also gave us 1/2 cup measuring spoons. Maybe I could use those to get my veggies in.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 02-04-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Stupid Auto correct

158.6 (holding). I'll take holding, especially since I had bounded up to 161.4 before my Wyoming trip

Sprinting, cooking, and church on the deck for tonight. We did laundry all week so we wouldn't have to do it today. DH cleaned the bathroom before I came home, so that's already done.

I have some measuring cup serving spoons. I actually like them, especially for cooked foods (soups, etc.).

I made a BAS for dinner last night, it was beautiful! Had mixed greens, orange bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, pecans, sunflower seeds, with a very nice Olive oil and some ACV. I swear I could feel my body saying something like "Now that's the ticket!" I should have done a few pieces of chicken or something, but I had had so much protein the day before I decided to go with nuts and seeds.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

The salad sound beautiful. What time should I arrive for dinner tonight? I make my salads in the same way. For potlucks, people usually request that I bring the salad because I put more than lettuce and tomatoes in mine! I like (depending on what I have) roasted red bell peppers, pickled okra, artichoke hearts, radishes, cucumber, etc.

I am 'famous' for my poppy seed salad...Mixed greens, chopped dried dates, chopped avocado or papaya, craisins, halved green and red grapes, sliced mushrooms, walnuts and blue cheese. The dressing is a vinaigrette I make with ACV, Olive oil, dry mustard, salt, onion powder, and poppy seeds. I used to add sugar but now add stevia. I usually serve the dressing at room temp and put it on the salad about 20 minutes before serving so the greens are slightly wilted and everything has marinated a bit. Fantastic.
    Chris
    Unknown

I'm going to need to keep that recipe. Sounds awesome!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am SO hungry today. Just feels like I'm a bottomless pit, even with 9 servings of veggies already. I feel a little tired and I know I'm stressed (work), but goodness gracious!