Page 4 of 331 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 4

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    omg, wish my mom lived with us, but then my dad would too and that could be less fun (I love him dearly but he and I have been known to clash a bit, not horribly, but if we lived in the same house I am sure it would not be a great thing). But she loves to be in the kitchen when I cook, so she cleans as we chat.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Ha, I found you! Bwahahaha...Was that too creepy?

Sorry, I didn't read to the last post before posting the above. I totally understand the random moments of grief. I still torture myself that I wasn't downstairs in my Mom's apartment when she passed. She was obviously in distress because she pressed her Lifeline button. They called us and we ran down there, but she was already gone. I didn't tell her I loved her as I put her to bed and I didn't pray with her. I was blind to what was happening; I thought I would see her in the morning. I feel your pain and to lose both so close together is so hard.
    Thanks. I do appreciate your sentiment I have similar moments of guilt - I should have gotten to Wyoming earlier (I had a work event that I let be more important than my family), I didn't stay as late as I should have the night I arrived (they thought my grandpa had 2 weeks, not 2 days), I was too busy trying to arrange my grandma's affairs, instead of spending time with her after my grandpa passed. Sigh. It's hard sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    omg, wish my mom lived with us, but then my dad would too and that could be less fun (I love him dearly but he and I have been known to clash a bit, not horribly, but if we lived in the same house I am sure it would not be a great thing). But she loves to be in the kitchen when I cook, so she cleans as we chat.
    I love having my mom live with us. The husband doesn't mind either. I think it's hardest for mom - she's used to her own place, with her own space, and all of her own things. We have a bit more room for her in our new house, but still... I invited both my in-laws to live with us, but they think we're boring people. So, they only stay a month or so

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    It is very special to have the experience of a parent living with you. I am an only child, so my Mom and I lived together in one form or another for most of my life. It was sometimes hard on my husband, Bless him.

I try very hard to stay out of the should have dones regarding my grandparents deaths. I have major regrets with everyone of the 4 of them. And the sad part is I didn't learn my lessons after the 1st one died, or after the 2nd one, or even the 3rd one. I still held on to the idea that I had more time. And, unfortunately, I doubt I have learned the lesson yet. I have much more guilt to endure before I learn, I fear.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

My husband would love to have my parents with us. He gets to see them more than I do (he has a pilot's license and flies down to see them often, flying makes me very sick so I can't go). My parents are not ready to give up their home yet.
    Chris
    Unknown

Drum roll please - today is 168.5. I got on and off the scale 3x to see if that was right. I don't remember to last time I weighed this little. It's been at least 8 years. Maybe longer (the gaining weight part was all a blur...). Here's what weird. I'm not really doing things much different. For sure, I haven't really changed my eating -- what's in my journal is pretty close to what I've been eating for a year. I rarely have primal "treats" (breads, cookies, cakes, candy, etc.).

There are only two things I've really changed: (i) I got serious about no fruit (because of the craving issue); and (ii) I'm pushing a lot more liquid these days. Although I'm weighing and measuring my food more closely, I make a point to say something like "this should be about 4 oz" and then put it on my scale. I'm amazing accurate (this is a good thing). In other words, I don't think I've really changed my portions. I'm not even getting in the exercise I want/need to (yet).

I'll take it, though. (*Doing a happy dance around my computer*) Made pumpkin bread for the family's breakfast. Didn't try a bit of it (hope it tastes okay). Victory, today!!!

We're going to Nepal at the end of May. I'm trying not to get a weight loss goal (because my body has its own schedule), but I hope I'm at least 140. They are such small people. Not only do I feel like a towering giant (at 5"5'), but historically, I've been so much bigger. That's almost 6 full months away. I can make a lot of progress in those 6 months.
    Last edited by RMS123; 11-30-2011 at 05:31 AM. Reason: I put the wrong weight!!!

SOOOOO!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAPPY!!!!!! for YOUUUUUU!!!!! Congrats! I can feel the thrill through the computer.
    Chris
    Unknown

I should apologize. I forever leave out work or use the wrong word. My brain is often faster than my fingers and I'm not good at proofing my own posts. Forgive me (because it's likely to continue!!!).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!!!

Wow, a trip is a really good motivator. We'll support you in your effort to be smaller.
    At 5'10" + 190lbs, I was usually the biggest human around in both Turkey and Spain. It was disconcerting because I got so much attention both positive and negative.

Page 4 of 331 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast