Page 35 of 334 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 35

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I use walnut oil for mayo. There's something about using high speed blending that makes the olive oil taste funky. I tried making mayo Friday and had my first failure I used my new Ninja blender and it doesn't allow for streaming easily and now I have salad dressing. Oh well, I'll use my stick blnder next time.

Infected eggs come from sick chickens and it is pretty rare anymore because the farms (store bought) feed their chickens feed w/ antibiotics. This is standard feed (I have chickens) and you have to ask for starter that is antibiotic free or feed them Turkey feed (apparently antibiotics can kill baby turkeys).

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ah, Karin, always so difficult. Walnut oil sounds good.

Interesting article on body image and weight loss. I have a tough time with my body image, though I'm working on it!!!! Precision Nutrition Coaching | Precision Nutrition Coaching | Improve Your Body Image

Mud Flinger, how do you like your Ninja?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I know.. I know.. THAT allergy is MOST inconvenient. Especially that pre-baby I ate nuts all the time and was fine.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

The Ninja is pretty cool (x-mas present from the kids). It has a power head that sits on top of the blender/chopper lid and then 4 different containers w/ blades. I make my own almond flour with it, so that saves some money, I guess. I've got to figure out the mayo thing now, so I guess I'll just use the stick next time and not worry about it. I also like that the blades lift right out which allows me to scrape it out without blender blades in the way.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    My food processor finally died. Blender died last year. Want a Vitamix, but I'm too cheap. Husband keeps pointing to the Ninja...

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    My food processor finally died. Blender died last year. Want a Vitamix, but I'm too cheap. Husband keeps pointing to the Ninja...
    Mine was only 50 bucks at Sam's Club - about the same price as a half way decent blender. My blender still works, but I thought it would die every time I used it. I'll pass it on to my brother so he can officialy be the one to kill it

Thought I'd answer you here so we don't fill pebbles journal w/ our chatting I'd love to dog sled, but our dogs are spoiled and my alpha girl is "too good" to pull a sled. Last time I tried, my son was a baby and she tried to dump him, sled and all in the creek! Her job is to be my companion and protector and she takes that job very seriously, that and bossing our male dogs around. I'm hoping to learn to run them as a pack as I get more fit. It's hard to take all 3 out together as they totally out power me and you never know what could happen! I have seen people roller bladeing with a pack of dogs, and dream of the day that I am strong and fit enough to teach my goof balls to do something like this.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, while I was in bed, people were running all over my journal. No worries, it makes my journal look popular.:P

Mudflinger, It is so cool that you have a "pack"of dogs...very Primal.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    wow, you guys got chatty while I was busy.

Karin, on the egg/mayo issue, you can use pasteurized eggs or wash the shell before you use it (most of the bacteria are on the outside of the shell) or there is a way to kill the bacteria without totally cooking the egg, just partially cooking it. Can't remember how-check Alton Brown on google maybe.

EVOO is, I thought, horrible in the mayo, have used both walnut oil and avocado oil and they were very good.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I am going to go for a lighter OO. Aren't those other oils terribly expensive?