Page 336 of 340 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3395

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 336

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Back home a little early. We had a CRAZY hail storm and our stuff got wet. Middle guy and I are each considered to have bad luck. Combined, well, what can we say????

We decided we were done after the hail. Our stuff was wet and we were cold (went from almost 90 down to 40...and it wasn't even dark yet...)

I'm beat today. Middle guy has a doctor appointment and my mom is so sick that I'm going to need to take her to urgent care. Then, I get to clean up all the camping stuff that got soaked/dirty over the weekend. Somewhere in there, I need to squeeze in a little work. Yikes. I am SO tired today....did I mention that?

Finally lost all of my vacation weight. Now I need to make new downward progress. Ugh. Was not happy with pictures of my camping I actually dropped down again right after the adoption hearing. In my mind, goes to provide how much stress can really impact the scale. [Others might not agree, but with my body, this has been proven time and time again.]

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    our last camping trip was an ill fated adventure from Orlando (where we lived at the time) to Key West. I was 16. It was my parents and my 3 siblings, and my dad's brothers' families. So a convoy of 3 vehicles, one hauling a Scottie trailer. The series of misadventures along the way are now legendary stories in our family, from the fact that one uncle is afraid to drive over bridges (and he didn't know about the 7 mile bridge which was actually under construction at the time), to the fact that tent stakes cannot be pounded into the coquina of Pennycamp Park, to the time the other uncle got shocked (not fatally), to the cousin who stuck his finger into a fan to see what would happen, etc (seriously the list actually goes on and on, and it was only a 7 day vacation). We ended up staying in a small old Florida motel which was the very best part of the vacation. When we got back, dad donated all the camping gear.

Too funny, Chris. I enjoy camping, mostly, if we have the right equipment. Mostly, I enjoyed 2 days with my four men, NO cell phones (they didn't work up there! one of the few places left!).

Haven't weighed yet today so who knows what that is doing!

Finally starting to crave "real" food again. I think the good thing with an UD/DD rotation schedule is that I allowed myself to eat almost anything I wanted. I spent years eating nearly "perfectly" Paleo and was generally making myself miserable at social events. Today, I'm planning cherries, artichoke hearts, carrots, and hopefully some chorizo.

The boys start school tomorrow. I loved having them home for the summer (where did the time go?), but life is admittedly easier with a fixed schedule and where they are out of the house for awhile every day.

Somewhere along the line, I started drinking diet soda again (I had been off of it for like 4 years). My middle guy would like to see me give it back up. He also suggested I go back to the gym (he knows how bothered I am about my weight). Gotta love these boys.

Dudla wanted me to start weight lifting with her. I had to tell her that while I would really love to spend the time with her, I didn't want it to be that way. I think once they are back in Knoxville, I am going to add the Sun salutation to my treadmill walk everyday, so hopefully by the time she is home for thanksgiving we can do that together.

I will rarely drink a diet soda, but usually start it and then hand it to my son or just dump it, I really do not like the taste.

I agree about the UD/DD rotation and learning to eat real food and recognizing physical hunger vs. wanting to eat. Now when I am hungry and go looking for food I almost never select fast carbs as I would have done before. This is not to say I don't enjoy dessert every once in a while (and way too often with Dudla home making something sweet most days!), but it is not what I am looking for when I am hungry.

Well, off to Austin today. Yuck. Austin in the summer is not a nice destination. My hair hates the heat and humidity and they air condition the buildings way too much.

Weight is still bouncing around, but I am keeping at it. I think next week (more sleep, kids gone during the day), I may well be able to make some progress (maybe???). I think my low days are often too high.

Sigh. DH. He is so stressed and grumpy these days. I don't even enjoy being around him. If you knew my DH, he's usually sweet, patient, kind, with a side of goofy. These days, he's grumpy and strict, and really no one (even my mom) wants to be around him. We're all the problem...not him...yeah...

We will see how the family does with my absence. With DH as grumpy as he is, it could be something...

1.6 lb in 14 days. I do not lose weight at the speed of light. Given that I need to (now) lose like 70 lb, it's not exactly like I couldn't go a little faster. Sigh. At least it is now going in the right direction. Hopefully next week, with the boys off at school, I can have lower "fasting" days and maybe get to 1 lb a week.

Business travel is no more fun than I remembered it. Sigh.

Over the course of time since I started playing with versions of 5:2, and keeping a journal over there my average weight loss is .45 lb a week. And that includes the gain from December 12 through the time that it took me to turn it back around. Not the speed of light but in the right direction and it took me to my recent low. The tortoise wins the race. Patience, you will get there.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you are hilarious, you comment in other journals but no news in yours? what is up with you?