Page 32 of 337 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 32

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am having one of those days where nothing seems to be going right. That, and my hormones are raging. I put too much seasoning on my sweet potato chips. I thought I had hardly put any at all. That was apparently still too much. I'll have to use this batch in food or with food...no good on its own! Went to make pate. It was just too strong. So, that was ruined (although the dogs thought it was FANTASTIC). Almost cried because I can't find the green chile I bought yesterday for my jerky (this is when I know TOM is close...crying over green chile? please!). Yelled at the husband for nothing. Feeling sorry for myself...oh, everyone else can eat so much more liberally on primal than I can and lose weight...it'll probably take me another 2 weeks to lose these 2 pounds, even if they were just water, blah, blah, blah. Sheesh, I don't even like myself today. I think I need a retake.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    So sorry your day is not going well. Here is what I do when this sort of thing happens (when I am not too stressed to remember!) sit down at the computer wit head phones on and listen to this...Very Deep & Powerful Binaural Beat Delta Meditation Music - Relaxation Binaural - YouTube

It is a 10 minute break that helps to turn your day around! Good Luck!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Thanks, Chris. Just what I needed. Sometimes, I just need a deep breath, a cup of tea, and a little quiet. Mom went to a study group (she's in a 2 year RN program) and DH took Dog 1 (young hooligan) for a bath. Then, he'll come home, swap dogs, and I'll get a little more time. By the time everyone is home, I'll have made a nice dinner and be a human again. I'm planning to read a romance novel in the bath later as a treat for my hard work today.

that sounds lovely.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Ruth.. so sorry about the pate. Did you find the green chili's??

Sounds like you have a great plan for later. I was thinking of the bath and book as a reward for later as well
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    A romance novel in the bath - pure genius! I usually go back to bed wen all goes wrong in the kitchen. It's actually something my hubby started years ago when I was having one of those morings and for a grand finale actually caught myself on fire. Funny now... not so much then!

Now there's a story waiting to be told! I have had some crazy experiences in my life, but never caught myself on fire (yet)!
    Chris
    Unknown

Here is an idea that may help you make that bath really work for you....Detoxification Part I : Healing Waters - Healthy Living How To

personally not sure if it would make any kind of difference but, it also seems like it couldn't hurt.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    So sorry that you are feeling badly. I'm glad things are getting better.

I have the angry feelings this cycle and am fighting the munchies today. I have already eaten almost all of my calories. A cup of tea and binaural beats sounds good.

Thanks, ladies, for your support.

160.8 (+.4, more gain). I'm going to admit I'm a bit freaked out by 3 days of gains. While I'm used to bouncing, this is BIG bounce (over 2 pounds). I'm comforted by the fact that my measurements either haven't changed or some have gone done. So, it is surely not fat. I need to stay the course and power through today. I've been eating within my range, but near the top. I'm going to need to study my journal and see if I can spot anything. I think my body is trying to tell me something, I'm just not sure what (yet).

I'm a control person. This journal is pretty difficult, because there's a lot I can't control. My body is not like a machine - input this many calories per day, this many exercise minutes, and you will get X weight in Y days. If it were, I'd be at my goal weight. There is, however, a lot within my control that I need to focus on.

Thanks for listening!!!!

Off to make jerky and get a pork/green chile stew (with my bone broth!) simmering.