Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 3

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh how exciting!! Congratulations!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    congrats on the loss, keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps going down!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Matt had asked me how confident I was that I'd reach my weight loss goal. I replied in a completely honest fashion - I really wasn't sure I'd ever get to my goal. I'm supposed to check in with my results at the end of the week.

The results this week have been good. I want them to continue so badly...but I'm scared to hope too much. Seems like I have trouble keeping the loses going. But, with the support from our SPEED group and Matt/Jeff, I'm sure to get there...

So was he suggesting that maybe the number was too low and you need to go for size instead? Or did he just pick up on your fear that you may not be able to get there?

I will say this, if you don't think you will get there you probably won't. We all tend to fulfill expectations. The ones we set up for ourselves as well as the ones we internalize from others.

Have you ever been at your goal weight? Do you have photos? If not maybe you can get photos from that website, which is something like "real bodies.com" and start to visualize yourself there.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    So was he suggesting that maybe the number was too low and you need to go for size instead? Or did he just pick up on your fear that you may not be able to get there?

I will say this, if you don't think you will get there you probably won't. We all tend to fulfill expectations. The ones we set up for ourselves as well as the ones we internalize from others.

Have you ever been at your goal weight? Do you have photos? If not maybe you can get photos from that website, which is something like "real bodies.com" and start to visualize yourself there.
    I think he was picking up on my fear. The part of the book that success breeds success - that's where I think he's focusing. That is, once I start seeing some progress, I'll build confidence which will help me to get there.

You are exactly right on not getting there if we don't believe in ourselves. I know I can do things in all other areas of my life...why this one is so challenging, I'm not quite sure (probably lots of childhood hangups). But, I'm working on it. I think some visualization techniques will really help me. I'm going to spend time figuring that out on Friday when I'm off work.

I haven't been quite where I want to be (I gave up too early in the past, thinking that I got to a place that was "good enough"). I'm not settling this time. Ironically, I did spend time at the website you mentioned this weekend. It helped me realize that where I want to go is reasonable. Maybe I do need to print a realistic picture and go for it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

This morning - holding at 169.5. I was hoping for 169, but hey, I'm still below 170. Also, the bit of acne I get before the TOM has arrived (all the rest cleared up with primal...but I still get just a bit of hormal acne still)...and this is usually the week where I gain some weight. So, if I can hold steady or even drop a litte more, I'll be very happy. Actually, to lose 2 pounds in a week (which I've already done - and it might have been a hair more - I didn't weight in the first morning!) is really a lot for me.

Yesterday was good. I logged 1320 calories; 26 g carbs; 71 g fat; 141 g protein (although 20 was from the veggies - so actually spot on where I want to be with my meat source - hooray!).

I slept terrible last night. My grandparent passed away within 4 days of eachother in late September. I had the honor of being with both of them when they went. I will also be grateful that I had that blessing. However, I sometimes dream of that moment when they leave here...and last night was one of those nights. I woke up really sad.

Anyway, today is a day where I go to Santa Fe for work. It will be interesting to see how I make this water thing work. I have an 1.25 hour drive, 3 hour meeting (where it's hard to take many breaks), and then the 1.25 hour drive back. I'm already thirsty for my morning cup of tea.

I'm going to eat my big protein-filled breakfast so that I can skip eating lunch out and make it until I get home early this afternoon. I rarely enjoy eating out anymore and as careful as I try to be, I never feel as good as when I eat at home.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I am trying to catch up on my corespondense. yeah for holding steady there! I am so sorry to hear about your grandparents. They are such blessings to us when they live and we think we appreciate them as much as possible and then miss them like crazy when they go. *hugs girl*

Your schedule today sounds hard!! Good luck getting the water in. I like how you have plan. Keep on keeping on! You CAN do this!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

The water may be an issue today. When i drove to Florida, I chose to minimize the fluid intake for the day to minimize the stops, it is just one day. And really there is no huge hurry to lose the weight knowing you will be at your goal for the rest of your life, one day is a drop in the pacific.

I think holding steady for TOM is a reasonable expectation. I lost for the last one, but I was drinking my massive amounts of fluid and I am sure that helped.

I don't care for eating out anymore either, easier, tastier, and cheaper at home. Would be nice if someone else would clean up after me though.
    Chris
    Unknown

Another good day, though I was very emotional. I cried on my drive home, thinking how much I missed my grandparents. But, I decided this is a good thing. I tend to be rather unemotional. I think that part of my food struggle has been that I bury my emotions - regardless of the motion (happy, sad, angry, stressed, depressed, whatever) - in food. I'm trying to do better about letter the real emotion out instead of eating through it (though I would admit I'm best at anger and less good at sadness, etc...my poor husband!).

I got the rest of my liquid in once I got home. We shall if I'm up even more during the night. Got sum new teas - yum - both good. I got a Chocolate Strawberry (smells devine, tastes pretty good, though it would be better if I added Stevia or some other sweetner) and Candy Cane Lane. My after-meal tea is now my signal that the kitchen is closed.

I meant to have a big breakfast. I measured out 6 oz of my roast and a ton of brussels sprouts. I knew I wouldn't be home until 2 or so. But, as I was eating, I found myself full after only about 4 oz. My first reaction was that I should keep eating, because it would be a long time before I would eat again. Ultimately, I decided that part of this process is learning to listen to my body again. If I was full, I should stop. And, if I got hungry before I got home (which I did), it (a) wasn't going to kill me; and (b) if I was that desperate, I could stop at whole foods and get a couple of hard-boiled eggs from the salad bar. I made it home. I was hungry and ate my leftover breakfast straight away. But I survived and I like that I'm listening to my body.

Total for today: 1,051 calories; 32 g carbs; 54 g fat; 110 g protein (6 from veggies, so a bit under my goal). All of my beverages.

Chris - I'm pretty spoiled right now. I cook, and one of the moms (either mine or the husband) cleans. It's a totally awesome deal!!!
    Last edited by RMS123; 11-29-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ha, I found you! Bwahahaha...Was that too creepy?

Sorry, I didn't read to the last post before posting the above. I totally understand the random moments of grief. I still torture myself that I wasn't downstairs in my Mom's apartment when she passed. She was obviously in distress because she pressed her Lifeline button. They called us and we ran down there, but she was already gone. I didn't tell her I loved her as I put her to bed and I didn't pray with her. I was blind to what was happening; I thought I would see her in the morning. I feel your pain and to lose both so close together is so hard.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-29-2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Page 3 of 337 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast