Page 29 of 333 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 29

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I consider pork rinds a necessary evil during PMS week. I just try to choose ones that are only pork skin and salt. I have half a bag in the kitchen, but I am trying to IF. I could almost taste them when I read your post.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I have not gotten started on pork rinds, sounds like that is probably a good thing. I do crave the particular kind of crunch that tend only come from carby things. Currently though, the raw almonds seem to do the trick, luckily. Of course I am not dealing with PMS or TOM. I think I may be done, I am going longer and longer between and they are shorter and shorter when they come. I am wondering if being Primal has helped make this such an easy transition. It seems to just be going away, weird.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

OMG I can't wait to stop my periods. I probably have a while yet. My Mom was 50.

I have a copper IUD, so my periods can be heavy and painful. It is the only choice for me as I can't do hormones. Even so, I love it because there is nothing to think about.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    159.2 (+.4). In the words of Chris, Rats!!!! I could wait another two hours, and it will probably be down another .2 or so, but I'm THIRSTY (wonder why). The pork rinds disrupted my sleep. I woke up at midnight feeling very sick to my stomach. Woke up again at 4 am with a stomach ache. Lesson learned! I'm most disappointed that I gave into stress eating. But, it's over. I'll work to learn from it. I just need to be a bit more aware when I'm stressed (for some odd reason, I didn't want to admit to myself that I was stressed!).

I can't wait until my periods stop. Of course, I say that, and we are still trying for kids (at my advanced age!). My periods are WAY better on primal/paleo, especially if I eat well during PMS week.

My dehydrator gets here today. I should have marinated some meat yesterday. I'm also thinking of some dried zucchini, perhaps with the Ranch Dressing dry mix.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    It's early. I couldn't sleep. I should be doing my LHTs or running sprints. Instead, I'm surfing on the internet. I saw a blog where someone shredded the zucchini, dehydrated it, then stored the shreds for quick use in soups, stews, etc. Now, that's an idea! Wonder if the crunchy dried bits would also be good as a crunchy topping for soups (you know, like the crackers we used to eat). Hmmm...
    Last edited by RMS123; 01-20-2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Oh those evil pork rinds. After your experience, I may give them up too!

Or maybe as a substitute for pork rinds?

It is rarely what I eat that causes me the biggest problem mentally, it is the attitude I have when eating. It is very worrisome to me when I am eating and not physically hungry and my little voice is saying things like you really don't need this but I keep going.

Today is a new day. have fun with the dehydrator.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I actually use pork rinds to make fried chicken once in a while. Delicious.

I used dehydrated coconut as a coating on chicken or shrimp and bake it, yum!
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I'm also thinking of some dried zucchini, perhaps with the Ranch Dressing dry mix.
    WHAT A GREAT IDEA!! stealing this
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.