Page 28 of 334 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 28

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good call. I would have gone the other way, thinking of my crockpot. This makes sense, though!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Last time I made jerky I used a hot marinade and added merlot to it. Wicked good and fast. You just dip the meat in a hot marinade for ~1 minute and then set it to dry. Got a good recipe and info from MDA. Enjoy!

Hot as in spicy hot or it was warm? Sounds good...

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    We do ours by layering it with sir filters and strapping that to a box fan, setting it up in the basement for a day or so. I got the recipe from chowstalker...Gallery - chowstalker
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I saw the box fan method, but it looked too hard (and can't find a box fan this time of year to save my soul!). I did think it was interesting, though. I also thought about the oven, but felt like it wasted to much energy. Of course, I probably paid for the energy in the dehydrator, so not sure I came out ahead

158.8 today (up .2). Not unexpected. Yesterday was my high calorie day and I had to weigh 2 hours early (which does make a difference). C'est la vie. I could see me telling my boss that I couldn't pick her up when she wanted, because it interferes with my daily weigh in

Challenging day, work wise and food wise. I won't get enough fluid. I'll have to eat out, and there are not always great choices, just better choices. But, that too is part of life and my job, so I have to learn to deal with it!

Enough wining. I'm hoping to get home before dark so I can take the dogs for a walk. Catch up with you all later.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hope today is a successful day regardless.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    well the meat stuck to the filters so we are going to try a plan b this time, if it doesn't work then I will go with the dehydrator. I really liked how moist it turned out though.

good luck with all your challenges today.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Hope today is a successful day regardless.
    +1
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    The marinade was heat hot, as in not spicy. The meat takes on the flavors really quickly and it kills any bacteria is the thought. I laid mine directly on the oven racks and set the oven on 200 with convection fan. Thought it would make a big mess, but not. The few drips quickly wiped out of the oven since it did not get very hot. It was so good, my daughter and I ate most of it before it was completely done. We could not keep our hands out of the oven!

I'm craving the jerky. Hurry dehydrator, hurry!

I'm so embarrassed. I did not do myself proud today. I came home and let myself fall face first into the tin of pork rinds. Not one pork rind, but lots of pork rinds. Too much fat, not enough protein, too much salt, questionable meat sourcing quality. Sigh. I know that during PMS I want crunchy, salty, fatty, but I usually direct my efforts to better foods. I didn't want to admit this publicly, but what's the point of a journal if I'm not going to be honest?

The scale will reflect this tomorrow. But, it's just one day in a long horizon of days. It too shall pass, and my weight will once again go on the downhill slide. As long as I don't keep eating and eating and eating, I can move past it.