RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Someday, I'll have the body fit us all to have a great visual of that

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good Luck Ruth!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Hope you have time to give us a quick update before you leave for Amarillo.

I'm all but hired. Do the teaching demo on Monday, and assuming I don't bomb, will be hired. The money isn't bad for a part-time gig. Fact is, if I could get 2 or 3 sections going forward, it would be plenty for life with kids (just what we need), with good hours (evening classes) and little stress. I also like their teaching philosophy, though it's a bit weird to have the syllabus, tests, and homework made for you (you basically just teach).

Decided to go to AMA tomorrow. I don't drive well at night or in the dark (and, it's raining, probably snowing in the mountains I have to go through).

So glad you decided to wait.

Well a decent paying part time job that sounds like it would be very little outside time would be primo with kids. Now that sounds like a low stress job...Depending on the insurance situation.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

For next year, we've already switched to to DH's insurance. Of course, if something were to happen and he lost his job, it would be a problem temporarily.

Interview for the VP job tomorrow. DH is sending mixed signals. He hates how much I already work, hates my travel, but seems to really want me to pursue this. He's not really good at identifying his feelings, so I can't quite figure out what the issue is. If I had to guess (and sometimes that's not really good), I'd say he's freaked out about losing my income...not that we don't have a very healthy savings, and not that we couldn't have a very nice life with "just" his income, but security means a lot to him (well, and me, but I'm farther down the "we can make it just fine" road than he probably is). Sigh. Life is never easy in terms of decisions...

DH and I had a couple of years where we danced around the issue of my working situation. We were both trying to figure out what was in the other person's head and in hind sight we were both not very good at it. In the end, because our children both chose a state school and got hefty scholarships, it worked out in my favor. But if either or both had gone to a private school and not gotten the scholarships, our marriage would be uncomfortable right now My salary was always meant to pay for their college, if we had had to dip into savings to pay, he would have been VERY unhappy to say the least.

From the outside looking in, I would find it very hard to have your job, once a child is added to the equation I would find it impossible. I would have to ask him what his vision is for that situation.

Cold and miserable in Amarillo.

Interesting article. Know anyone who should be taking this to heart?

-- Ruth

Link.. http://www.collective-evolution.com/...-of-the-dying/

-- Ruth

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    of the 5, I can honestly say that I will not say either #2 (worked too hard), #3 (didn't express my feelings) or #5 (let myself be happy). I do on occasion feel like I sometimes do not live true to myself (#1), and I wish I was better at staying in touch with friends (#5).

did you see the article in the same blog about "oil pulling"? I have never heard of it, but since the things that it is supposed to cure are on my list of things to get rid of, I might have to try it..

Things of interest on the list...Relief from migraine headaches
    Reduced inflammation from arthritis
    Supports normal kidney function
    Helps reduce insomnia
    Some cases of improved vision
    Increased energy
    Eliminate skin conditions such as eczema or acne
    Can reduce symptoms of allergies
    Can assist in the detoxification of heavy metals and harmful organisms to the body
    A brighter whiter smile
    Healthy looking gums and teeth

See more at: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/10/12/naturally-whiten-your-teeth-much-more-oil-pulling-for-health/#sthash.9LknOzwo.dpuf

mmmmm
    Last edited by demuralist; 11-21-2013 at 03:50 PM.