Page 242 of 336 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3360

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 242

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    what is your Myers-Briggs and isn't there a list of jobs that are suited to each of the personality types. It might spark an idea you had not thought of yet.

I wish they had not said anything about the boys in the first place, that always seemed dangerous to me, getting emotionally prepared to have it not happen. I know it is hard, but I am sure there is a reason, I am guessing a better/the perfect situation is waiting for you. I am sorry, I know that those words do not adequately express how sad I am and how painful it must be for your family. Did you set a preference for older children or did it just happen that way?

Aren't you ABD? I think that at the level of schooling/experience you are at, that very few degrees will increase your job opportunities. Maybe you could find a volunteer situation that would give you experience in the area you are hoping for. Hard to argue with DH's idea that banking some cash will be very helpful no matter what arises. Maybe you need to plan for a nice spring vacation as your last hurrah from work, and use up some of your vacation time as well as all those points you must be racking up.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sorry Ruth. The right kids will come along.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I'm an ISTP (Harry Potter). Here are some of my career matches:
    detective, electrician, engineer, athlete, video game designer, mathematician, computer technician, firefighter, career in extreme sports, stunt, astronaut, software developer, small entrepreneur, automotive technician, industrial engineer, biotechnology, mechanic, systems analyst, computer animator, sketch artist, data analyst, sports journalist, rescue team member, pilot
    Some of these are funny, because I am so unatheletic and very ungraceful

Oddly enough, this is pretty much spot on:
    What ISTPs want from a career
    variety and freedom from routine
    a flexible environment and boss, or no boss at all
    working at a careful, steady pace
    if under a boss, they need specific and realistic directions
    some fun and spontaneity every once in a while
    a chance to use their introverted thinking
    work that is realistic, concrete, and practical, rather than theoretical and abstract probably why I never finished the PhD
    not being rushed into making decisions or finishing something
    work that focuses on current issues the here and now, rather than the future although I'm actually a very forward thinker
    not too much people contact ironically, I'm very good with people, but do better on one on one scenarios
    action and excitement are welcome
    hands-on experience
    a chance to utilize their strong memory to recall facts, details, and people

What ISTPs have to offer
    excellent ability to apply logic and reason to their immense store of facts
    usually very good at practical problem solving
    like to try and learn new things
    independent and determined
    act as troubleshooters, rising to meet the needs of the occasion (immediate problems)
    many ISTPs have a knack for physical skills (sports, operating machines and vehicles) ha, ha, ha
    cool headed in crisis situations very much so
    often have an excellent memory for facts and details
    may have a natural bent in technical areas

One of my issues is that I'm rather over-qualified. As a hiring manager, I get why people don't hire over-qualified people. Honestly, I can not get interviews, even when I know I am more than qualified. Or, I have been flat out told that I'm just too experienced for the position. And, here, not a lot of high level jobs (if that makes sense). That, and I don't know what I want to do I am ABD. What can I say...to much education You are right, though. If I end up staying, I need some serious vacation soon.

On the kiddos. We sorta fell for the boys based on the info we had. Now, I don't think they intentionally fostered our hopes, but I do believe they should have indicated to us that they weren't really wanting to be adopted. However, I truly feel that it means there are another set of kids that are waiting for us. I also wonder if the timing will be even better. So, we'll keep waiting. We're looking for slightly older kiddos, though we aren't going to outrule anything.

I'm happy to have "named" my emotions and then dealt with them without food. I had a wonderful up day, a few too many veggie chips, but well within my calories. I did not finish my dinner, which is usually unheard of when I'm eating my emotions. Overall, very positive.
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    So sorry about the boys. Your kids will come though!! As for the job, I have no advice. I wish I had pearls of wisdom though.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    My experience with fostering, was that as soon as one is licensed, kids start arriving. Praying that it all goes well. Maybe the boys are happy with the foster family that they are with; that's hard to leave for an unknown.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I'm an ISTP (Harry Potter). Here are some of my career matches:
    detective, electrician, engineer, athlete, video game designer, mathematician, computer technician, firefighter, career in extreme sports, stunt, astronaut, software developer, small entrepreneur, automotive technician, industrial engineer, biotechnology, mechanic, systems analyst, computer animator, sketch artist, data analyst, sports journalist, rescue team member, pilot
    Some of these are funny, because I am so unatheletic and very ungraceful
    ok, so my idea would be to narrow this list down to those things you could actually physically do (I did grin at a few of them) even if you are not yet qualified. (what was your PhD in?). Then start exploring them in detail. Then you might be able to volunteer in areas that come close to see if you could really be interested. Then think about training if not education. Lets see what you come up with, Ms. Researcher (you know there are people who get paid to do research right?)

My guess is that when you get your adoption you are going to need your money to educate them.

I am so happy that by naming your emotions you didn't have to eat them!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Ugh. Fighting a cold. Mom got really sick (I blame it on her rotation in the pediatric unit at the hospital). Then DH. Now, unfortunately, me. Gonna be a rough day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oh no. Be good to yourself.. tea, rest. There are viruses running amuck and I am getting over mine.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Rest. Fluids. Relaxing massage from DH!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Blech! Feel Better.