Page 235 of 348 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3480

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 235

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What's on your list, Chris?

I'm going to get this from the library and read it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

So, last night I finally got up gumption to call one of the chaplains at our hospital and see if they would be willing to talk to me about their job, let me shadow a partial shift, etc. Even though it means nothing in the grand scheme of the world, it's a first step, and it felt ginormous to me.

I also considered other options. It's actually more difficult to find something else -- I'm very specialized and considered highly over-qualified for the few things I have applied for that look like less stress.

Saw this on facebook. I get told this a lot. How much potential I have, etc.

yourself.jpg

Here's the url if that can't be read: imgur: the simple image sharer

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I don't believe in the term overqualified. I would respond by saying you are just downsizing your job. I mean, you downsize a car, a house etc. Why can you not downsize a job. If your overqualified, your qualified. Well.. thats my 2 cents.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Well, my work is pretty satisfying, so I am ok there. And the current volunteer project I have going with the youth reno will make a difference if it attracts more youth to the program and gives them a place where they can feel comfortable and safe. And the next volunteer project I have planned is to cook at the Nashville Food Project (they serve nutritious meals to 12 homeless and working poor communities in Nashville). But while those are nice, they aren't things that make the story interesting.

There are 2 levels of story that the author talks about, one of them is sort of more superficial, like the time I climbed Diamond Head on a spur of the moment. For those types of things I am going to start small. Next week, when we get back from Asheville, I am going to challenge DH to a nerf fight (see my pinterest page for details).

The other level involves sacrifice and is about the greater good. I feel like that is going to come along. Not planned it yet.

p.s. I was not qualified at all for my position, which was essentially secretarial, in either experience or personality. But it is starting to morph to fit my qualities and education and becoming more facilities management.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Hey,

I just got an email that Geico is hiring. That is pretty low key I would think. Just saying..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I go to that site, ZenPencils, now and then. He has some good stuff. I really like this one with Bill Watterson's words.

Fat Head Sam Feltham’s Second Overeating Experiment

thought this was interesting, because he has done this experiment twice. Once with this LCHF diet and once with a very high carb diet. He lost with LCHF and gained with the high carb. Reason I thought about you is that the only veggie he ate was green beans (of course he ate the same thing every day for 21 days). I seem to remember that you were hoping to lose most of your weight before you tried to re-introduce veggies.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I almost NEVER find myself alone....and as an introvert, I enjoy a bit of alone time now and then. DH is visiting his brother and mom is working. A few wonderful hours to do nothing, all by myself