Page 234 of 349 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3488

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 234

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I hope. "Rock a Bye Ruth..."

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I wish. Work, work, and well, more work. But, hey, at least I'm home

So, my weight has now reached an all-time high. Higher than I've been in 3 years. Despite near-perfect UD/DD rotations for over 3 weeks. I truly believe in EOD/5:2/4:3, but am wondering if my body is too stressed? Who knows. Not sure what I want to do.

Have started a new check list to determine how well I'm doing weight wise. I'm trying to use the scale as one measure of progress. Because, unfortunately, my self-worth is really tied to a stupid metal box. If the number is good, I feel smart, sexy, worthy. If the number is bad (like now), I feel dumb, ugly, unworthy.
    * Have I eaten today in a manner that nurtures my body?
    * If I've decided on a treat, is it a wonderful, joyful treat?
    * Did I eat for stress, procrastination, boredom, comfort?
    * Did I move my body? [My goal is 6 miles a day, but realistically, when traveling, if I can get some stretches in, I'm going to consider that a success.]
    * Did I listen to my body and respond accordingly (when possible)?

Will have to decide soon what to do on the job front. My boss wants me to take this (promotion) in my group. Lots of pressure. Not sure my "current" job will be what it should be, given what I do now (in other words, though the job "should" be easier, since they know what I'm capable of, will they stick me with all kinds of work, which is basically what happened now). Old job = pay decrease, which would be okay, unless work is same or increased. Sigh. At some point, I'll leave all of this behind me and start something different.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I will ask you to do the same thing i asked Karin to do. Basically list those foods that feel like they nurture your body. And then make a list of the foods that make you feel less than stellar. And for you I feel certain that you are going to have to find a job that reduces your stress and allows you a great night's sleep. I really doubt your issues are food or even mostly food. But in the mean time if you can focus on consuming foods that optimize your health. I think that is the way to turn this around for you. I would be careful of exercise just now because, beyond just moving as much as is reasonable with your life, exercise and expectations of exercise that are not fulfilled are an added stresser. You do not need more stress.

Hugs
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

So tired. Started working at 4 am to help my boss finish her testimony (due today). Then, found out she is getting a transfer. Now, new uncertainty in my group and with my job. Not sure what to do. I am unsettled. I am not, however, eating my feelings away. I'm sitting here in a lather, but not eating, so that is good. But, unable to work or be productive because I'm stewing (about something I can do absolutely nothing about). Maybe this will propel me into a new job...just wish I had my savings where I want it (9 more months). Sigh. Thanks for letting me vent. I can't tell anyone about this yet (well, except for DH), because I'm the only one that knows. [Hopefully no one I work with has discovered my journal]

The book that I am reading, "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years", is about living your life like a story. Right now he is saying that basically there is no chance of growth without turmoil/strife/change/risk, and thus without that you have a crummy story because you stick with the status quo. I feel like that is where you are headed. It will end up being a fantastic thing, but the transition is going to be rough for you.

I hope so. I like change, but only when I'm in control of it
    -- Ruth

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the shocking job news. Good job taking care of yourself.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Personally, i would like a boring story for a while...

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Me, too

Or, at least some news on the kiddos...
    -- Ruth

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think it is time for me to start writing a better story.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.