Page 233 of 348 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 3479

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 233

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Still gone. Probably not home until Tuesday or Wednesday...

Food is ok so far. Today is a rough dd because I'm tired and stressed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I do not know how the heck you do it. Can you sneak a nap in? Know that we are thinking about you.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    hope today gets better. You can do anything for a day tomorrow is an ud!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yeah, I got to come home several days early. I'm just praying (and crossing my fingers and toes) that I don't have to go back tomorrow afternoon.

Weight. Meh. Two UDs in a row did not help the situation. My DDs rocked. I've figured out that if I don't have a nutritionally balanced UD, by the 3rd DD, I can't do it. That's what I think happened Friday. Good lesson, and I'll work on that when I'm traveling next go-around.

Pondering on consistency
    I also think there's a lot to be said for consistency. I mean, when I got home from vacation, I was 10 pounds up. Now, while I ate a ton, I didn't eat that many extra calories. But, the weight did not quickly disappear. I'm still dealing with about 5-7 lb.

That leads me to hypothesize that perhaps there is a cumulative effect. Yes, one day, in and of itself, doesn't do anything...but if you have one day over a many weeks, and you don't account for each of those days, it will lead to a "sudden" scale gain that then has to be taken care of.

That argues for consistency and getting right back on the wagon. If you keep on with the program (and it's a reasonable/sound program), then it will work, over time. I'm not a particularly patient person, and when I see the fabulous results of others, it's hard to keep going.

I would also say that in terms of weight loss itself, the only thing that has worked for more than about 5 pounds? Consistent calorie reduction. This is why I've stopped doing anything but reading journals. All of these other permeations that work for folks? They don't work for me. [Note: primal helps with nutrition, my stomach not aching, sleep, etc....but I also need calorie restriction, which has not come "naturally" with primal eating...even when I'm 100% clean.] I need to try and just hang with reduced-calorie primal.

I just looked at my calendar. Unless something comes up (and it does...often), I should be home for the next 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have traveled every single week since June 1, except for one (there was some vacation in there, but still, I was traveling).

canio6 Guest
    Yay to being home! I have no idea how you travel so much. Here is praying nothing comes up.

glad you are home for a while. I agree with consistency..its tough, especially while traveling.
    Karin

One of the things that tends to push me toward tweaking is when I see someone doing very well when I am not doing so well. (I am talking to you Sabine). The thing that I have talked myself into realizing is that while my journey seems agonizingly slow (or backward) others are not really going any faster than I would if I just stuck to something without tweaking for long enough, it just seems like it from the outside looking in.

I do believe that consistency is the key. Obviously so is a calorie deficit. Finding the program that will give you that deficit, that you can do consistently, and that you can keep up for life so that you don't gain it all back is key though. For some it naturally occurs when they are Primal, or low-carb, or high fat, some can do it with straight out counting, for me it is about extreme restriction on 2 or 3 days a week, so that I can enjoy the rest of my life such that on balance I get a modest restriction and get to enjoy my life.

The biggest problem with calorie counting, of course, is being able to figure out what the intake vs outtake should be to allow a loss. I think that the thing we are going to discover is that each person's caloric need changes and that it is extremely individual, so I think there is going to be some need to learn to listen to the body in order for a calorie restriction to really work. I don't think the exact numbers are as important.

hey, I thought your were home? whatcha up to

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    shhhh.. she might be sleeping!
    Karin