Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 232

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    oh yuck! I was there a month ago. ugh!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I feel sure that in this next year, we can expect our upstairs AC to go out, and then promptly expect our water heater to join it. Our house was new when we moved in, and all appliances are builders grade. My oven door won't stay closed, the insulation in the door of our microwave is out of place, one of my stove burners won't lite up...we waited just a tad too long to try to sell it, and now that we will be replacing all this stuff we will be here for a while. Not that we had planned to sell or anything.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I saw this on LCF and loved it. Nice chuckle for the morning

Cone of Shame.jpg

Random Musings

The draft of our homestudy finally came in the mail. It was a complementary study and recommends approval for foster care/adoption. Perhaps it can get finalized soon and then we can make progress???? The kids are not getting any younger.........................

There may be some changes on the job front early next year (February or so). If they happen, the workload will still be intense, but my travel will go back to being non-existent (except for day trips to Santa Fe, which are no problem). That will help in a lot of respects (including with the kiddos). Pray for me as I contemplate what I should do.

Attempting JUDDD yet again. I was home most of this week. Amazing what happens when I'm home. Amazing how hard it is to do things when I travel. I was looking up fast food calorie counts (I hardly ever eat at fast food). No wonder it's so hard to keep calories in line. Even with a low-carb something, we're talking like 600-800 calories (no fries or anything). I can eat a steak, sweet potato, and plain salad for them there calories. Of course, cooking at home tends to be much better. It doesn't matter that I eat as well as I can when I travel, it's generally too many calories and not near enough nutrition.

This week, in addition to JUDDD, I tried to focus on eating good food. I made a veggie soup (think WW Zero Point Soup) that I had on my DDs. Made my DDs go SO much easier. On my UDs, which I enjoyed myself, I tried to make sure to get protein and veggies. Not enough protein = grumpy Ruth, who struggles on DDs.

When my travel goes crazy (er, like next week), I have given myself permission to have higher DDs - around 600 calories. It may mean I don't lose weight, but I shouldn't gain either. And, as I'll post at some point later, I think there is something to be said for consistency.

The re-introduction of veggies caused my stomach to hurt, even though things seemed to be moving along just fine. Perhaps more liquid is needed? [Well, I'm blaming the veggies. Who knows if something else was going on...]

So, slow progress, but at least I'm moving in the right direction. Some crazy highs and nice lows.
    DNW
    DNW
    DNW
    DNW
    DNW
    DNW
    DNW
    DNW

wouldn't work, you can still fit a straw in there!

oops, Cross posted.

I am glad you have a plan again. I honestly feel much better now that I do, even if the weight loss is painfully slow, I really feel like I am doing something positive.

Congrats on your downward trend.
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-05-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Except for milkshakes, I have no interest in food through a straw

you would be amazed what I could put into a smoothie and have it taste fantastic!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I think you have a good plan. Be kind to yourself when you have to travel. Higher UD sound good.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    So glad to hear about the home study.

I think your Juddd travel plan seems workable.

Re. Cartoon, yup, I would live on milkshakes.

Hey, you home yet? How goes your travels vis a vis your food plan and life in general?