Page 231 of 336 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3360

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 231

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    WalMart. They are really pretty cheap. I LOVE mine!!!!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    there ya go.

felting is a fun way to be able to do different things with the knitting too. Sachets and purses come to mind. And oddly, 100% wool tends to be the cheaper yarns.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I will check it out.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I've got to figure out this felting business............

so very very easy. Just think of a time you accidentally washed a nice wool sweater and it became a new outfit for a doll baby. I just wash the item in hot water with a high level of agitation. In my front loader it actually, does not work as well, because I can't check it mid-cycle, and it has lower agitation than a top loader. I don't use soap usually, because I may not end up sending it through the rinse cycle.

I actually have a "purse" I felted, but it shrunk the wrong way, so it is a very long very short thing. I am thinking I will cut it up and sew it together to make myself a draft stopper.

If you sew at all, you can buy 100% wool sweaters from Goodwill, wash to felt, then sew together to make pillows or purses among other things. DD does this, but she likes sewing.

p.s. on pinterest, do a search for felted wool and you will see all sorts of things. Things like flower brooches you essentially just cut and pin together, to a Christmas tree that is circles of different colored felt stacked, to balls that you use as "fabric softener". (this last one, you simply make a ball with the yarn, tie it into a stocking and wash and dry to felt it...once felted throw 3 or 4 of these in with clothes to dry=no chemicals)

I have a front-loader as well...

I don't sew, but it's on my list of things I want to pursue some day. I'm not particularly crafty, though I like it. Turns out I'm just not real good at it

nobody is born being a good crafter, (or musician or artist or organized person) it takes practice and a willingness to make something ugly and learn from it! Do that often enough and it translates into many different crafts and abilities.

The front loader you will just have to do hot water and the most agitating cycle you have and y stop it before the rinse and spin (spinning it can make some serious, very hard to reverse, creases) cycle and run it through again. The dryer balls I never did get all the way felted, but BFF just bought a top loader so I am going to take them over there to finish them off.

the beauty of the felting process is that it makes the article very water and wind resistant, and makes the wool softer and easier to wear. I made a hat (cloche I think they call it) that I love. I had let it get too small, so I re-wet it in hot water and reshaped it over a slightly larger mixing bowl. The stuff is easy to work with.

Our water heater is out. It was the shortest shower EVER. Oh, the joys of home ownership................

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ugh.