Page 224 of 333 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3322

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 224

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ruth- been there only I go on the prowl. Hope things are better for you today
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Inconvenience is a huge hindrance for me, especially when it isn't real physical hunger.

Man, wish there was something I could do to help. I would be a zombie with 6 time zone changes.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    ugh. I'm so tired today. TOM came, VERY early. better than next week, I guess...

sorry I haven't been around much. hard to keep up right now :-)

I've stopped weighing for a few weeks. I know off bad... nothing fits. but, weighing only stress me out. and, I'm working to correct things, I'm already back on track.
    -- Ruth

well, my weighing daily has shown me that the scale doesn't reflect how well I do on my plan. But for me weighing daily is less stressful than not weighing it makes the numbers meaningless.

I'm so blasted tired today and have to prepare for that hearing all weekend. Sigh.

Good news. Got someone for my position that I've been trying to hire for months. I hope he turns out to be good...

The scale was as BAD as I feared. But, like I said yesterday, I'm trying to work on it. I can only do so much with all of this travel and these big events (hearings). I'm trying to manage my stress better (i.e., not ignore it). Seems to be working somewhat.

Talking about sleep (carry over from Chris's journal). I was reading about an adrenal tonic for people who consistently wake up at 3 am and can't go back to sleep. I started drinking it (although I was hesitant because it has juice, and I don't generally drink juice, as it's pure sugar) and have been going right back to sleep after I go to the bathroom at 3 am. I don't know if it's the combo of vacation/being exhausted, but I'm going to keep drinking it until it doesn't seem like it doesn't work Now if I could just get into a deep sleep. I feel like my brain gets ahold of something (can even be something silly - like a knitting patter I"m considering) and circles around the subject all night long, round and round and round and round.

I feel like this is sometimes my story.

"You feel alone. You feel hungry. You feel like your problems aren’t real, so you don’t fix them. Then, you feel full. Like, so fucking full. Then you hate yourself. Then you hate yourself for hating yourself. Then you eat. Then you feel sick. Like, so fucking sick. Then you start planning your next healthy meal to make up for the sickness. Then you think, well I already fucked up today, how about one last huge meal? Actually, it’s Friday. One more huge weekend! Like, so fucking huge. Then Monday happens. Ready to get back on track, but now you have a headache from sugar withdrawal. It’s like Trainspotting, but with carbs. You feel dumb again. Like, so fucking dumb."

when my brain won't let go, I make it do something hard but senseless...usually say a prayer backwards. I force myself to keep to the task and it eliminates the ability to think about anything else and I fall asleep from boredom.

What is the tonic?

Oh, I so get that..and thank goodness, but doing versions of 5:2 seems to be keeping me off of that gerbil wheel. I think the trick is to find that combination of foods and calories that allow you to stick to your plan easily.

Finished another ruffle scarf. Pretty soon, I'm going to need to give them away. Who needs a ruffle scarf?
    -- Ruth

and you have reached the dilemma of knitting, what to do with all of the projects! I don't make clothes generally because they are too hard to fit and they tend to stretch horribly when you wear them, so lots of scarves, baby blankets, and felted purses and teddy bears. We have a huge collection of scarves, only so many of our friends are having babies at our age, and my new washing machine doesn't like to felt (I have a front loader and it is not violent enough to get a good felt going).