Page 213 of 345 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 3446

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 213

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I have a peeler that julliannes veggies. It is hand held and small enough to easily fit in a drawer and easy to wash. Not curly strips but nice.

Kuhn Rikon Julienne Peeler with Blade Protector, Stainless Steel Handle:Amazon:Kitchen & Dining

Sorry I am on the phone and don't know how to do links but it is just to show the one I have. It actually came as a pair and they make different size strips.
    I have one of those and thought it was just a peeler.. huh..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    First Siobhan, now you! Everywhere I go, people are tempting me to get a spiralizer. How long before I crack?

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I was making this cucumber salad and I spent forever getting my slices right. I decided that, since I love that cucumber salad (it's a great DD meal, and DH and mom especially love it) so much, I need one

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    When I make cucumber salad I use my standing grater to get nice thin slices. On one side of mine there are slits wide enough to do cukes. like this one...Thunder Group - SLGR025 Stainless Steel Grater with Handle

I wouldn't think that the spiral cutter would work on a cucumber with all those seeds in the middle?

I was just thinking that I have one of those apple corer/spiral slicers I got for like 3 bucks at good will I wonder if I can take the corer part off and get spirals, need to experiment...
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-04-2013 at 06:51 AM.

hey Karin, this is a different brand but shows how it works. Mine came in a package with 2 peelers in it, one does peeling and/or thin slices and the other does julliennes. he shows how it works at the 2:00 minute mark...Titan Peeler and Julienne Tool @ Bed Bath & Beyond - YouTube
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

When I make cucumber salad I use my standing grater to get nice thin slices. On one side of mine there are slits wide enough to do cukes. like this one...Thunder Group - SLGR025 Stainless Steel Grater with Handle

I wouldn't think that the spiral cutter would work on a cucumber with all those seeds in the middle?

I was just thinking that I have one of those apple corer/spiral slicers I got for like 3 bucks at good will I wonder if I can take the corer part off and get spirals, need to experiment...
    I have one of these...will give it a try! I read on Amazon that the spiralizer that I like can do cukes...

The box grater slices them very thin, is very fast, and super easy to clean.

I keep toying with the idea of one of those spiralizers. Then I remind myself of my uncle who has every kitchen gadget known to man. Uses them a couple of times then they go into what we all call the appliance graveyard. He won't get rid of anything because he might use it. He no longer has pantry space or closet space in the spare bedroom, and they are spilling out onto the floor space in the spare room itself. Now that my aunt has passed away, I feel certain that room will soon be uninhabitable, and soon after not even able to get into it.

Since I already have those tendencies with crafting stuff, I don't want to start it with kitchen stuff too.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    hey Karin, this is a different brand but shows how it works. Mine came in a package with 2 peelers in it, one does peeling and/or thin slices and the other does julliennes. he shows how it works at the 2:00 minute mark...Titan Peeler and Julienne Tool @ Bed Bath & Beyond - YouTube
    yeah mine came with 2 in it as well.. I just dont know how to use them. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Hey, what are you up to, jumping in and giving short posts in other people's journals, but not giving us any news in yours?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm in a funky mood...

Weight. Shot up 5 lb. I committed to giving ADF one full month, so I'm keeping on with my rotations. However, part of me says "maybe you need 2 DDs in a row" (stupid) or maybe you need a hack (probably not). I haven't done anything but stick to primal and my rotations. I'm also scared because I'm bouncing around at my newest (higher) setpoint...feeling like this too won't work for me. That what I've "lost" so far is just bloat and no "real" weight. Really trying to stay positive here How can it NOT work, when I combine the two?

Work. Not feeling it. Don't want to get up and go to work. Frustrated, burnt out, tired of dealing with idiots. Interviewing for my open position is not going well. What are they teaching people in college these days? Please - will one of you come work for me???????????????

Sleep. Terrible. Very light sleep. I know my problem is not the length of time I'm in bed, but the fact that I feel like I hardly ever get into a deep sleep.

Adoption. My fingerprints are nowhere to be seen. Argh......

Mood. Grumpy. Just grumpy.

Acne. Back again. It's ovulation. I suspect that's part of the reason for my weight gain and acne. Big sign.