Page 211 of 339 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3384

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 211

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    my husband has roscacia they think. He has not got good skin, it is a constant battle. also has acne, as well as eczema on his hands (mostly).

So on the makeup front...powdered green tea mixed with a nice translucent powder should do you well. I had read an article about the benefit of green tea topically applied and that products that are available with green tea have such a small amount as to make it useless. I mix it with my moisturizer when I get spot breakouts, as does my DD. I had found a very reliable source that talked about it (doc with science backing him up) but can't find his website right now. I will look for it later and pass it along.

so this is the link I found...http://www.acneeinstein.com/fresh-gr...cne-treatment/

and what I did was instead of brewing tea, I just used the powdered green tea and mixed it with my moisturizer cream. However, it looks like, as I read through this, that I should have brewed it. This method seems worth a shot.

As to the powder with translucent, even if the green tea powder mixed with translucent powder doesn't fight the acne, it is probably a safer way of getting your powder to have a bit of green to counter act the redness. Just mix a small amount of the tea powder with the translucent and apply with a big brush (which you wash often).

I have also actually just rubbed the green tea powder on my face straight.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Oh maybe these ideas can help my middle son too. He has terrible acne.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    One of the reasons I started taking Diatomaceous Earth is because a friend who has sever acne started taking it because of fleas in their household(she was giving it to the animals and sprinkling it around, and thought, what the heck, I'll try it, too) and she had an almost immediate improvement in her skin. After 50 years of having limited success with all kinds of things.

has some acne, and I'd like her to try it, but I am giving it a test run on myself, first, to see if I notice any unpleasant side-effects(nope).

Since I've started it, I have noticed: slightly easier poops(granted, not too much difficulty in that area, so there might not have been room for improvement, but there is a slight difference, in terms of ease) and my stomach pains, which seemed to begin improving markedly after I began taking an enteric probiotic, instead of a regular, took another leap forward(improving). That might not be related, as I have more than one thing going on, and I'm not going to drop the probiotic to 'test' it, but in any case, it obviously hasn't hurt in any visible way.

Also, I began giving it to the dogs, and Salem's digestive issues(runny, gassy) have VANISHED. Also, both their coats seems a little shinier. Not a lot, since they are already glossy from their RAW diet, but a little.

I am going to have Littlest start taking it.

Just thought I'd throw that into the mix, since we're talking acne.

My son uses a prescription he gets from the dermatogist to spot treat. When we get home I will look it up. The doc also had him change over to using Vanicream products (which I get OTC at CVS). He now just uses their moisturizer and sunscreen. He uses a 3in1 for washing everything else. Anyway, it works for him now. DD has more trouble with her face, but manages to keep it fairly under control but uses a different set of products, and though mixing the green tea powder helped she doesn't want to bother.

Sabine, where do you get it? I saw some at the hardware store in the gardening section, but not sure that would be something I would eat?

No, you definitely need to get Food-Grade DE. The stuff at the hardware store is probably for use in gardens or pools, and might have added chemicals that would be dangerous to you.

I got it at the livestock feed store. Due to some regulation, they don't sell it at grocery stores, but my health food store told me where to go. It was $10 for a one pound tub(about 6 cups worth, I think). You can get it for cheaper, but that was their smallest size, so I got that for the trial.

I started with 1/2t every evening, and worked up to 1 1/2t( I toss it into a green smoothie or protein drink for convenience). Thinking 1T will be my end goal. The dogs get 1/8t, mixed into their beef patty, scrambled egg, or sardine. Honey puts it in his morning protein drink, and really likes it because it makes the drink smoother(it is often used as an anti-caking agent).

The DE thread on the nutrition board is fairly contentious. Step lightly if you go there.

I will avoid the board, thanks. I need to do some real research on it though, things that go through my intestinal track must be well researched.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member

ADF Week 2

Another good week. I managed my DDs while traveling! In and of itself, that's a huge accomplishment for me I can't believe I managed it. On Thursday, I thought I was going to cave, but then felt renewed energy to make it through the evening.

Left at 5 am yesterday to meet my best friend here at the airport. I only got to see her for about an hour She's helping her sister move and her sister was supposed to be packed up...but wasn't. I was sad, but knew that us seeing eachother was only tangent to her main purpose.

I was "rewarded" today with a weight I haven't seen since May 13. I know that it will bounce up tomorrow (today is UD), but that's okay. I'll be able to claim it soon. Earlier in the week, I was stressed. I gained 3 days in a row, even after 2 DDs. But, I had promised myself that I was hanging with this for an entire month, NO tweaks. And, here ya go, this is why I should stop jumping ship so fast. I cannot wait until I'm back to where I was and I start working on NEW weight.

Here's my trend:
    14-Jul 176.6
    21-Jul 172.6
    22-Jul 171.4
    23-Jul 171.8
    24-Jul 170.2
    25-Jul DNW
    26-Jul 170.0
    27-Jul 169.2
    28-Jul 168.4
    29-Jul 169.4
    30-Jul 169.8
    31-Jul 169.6
    1-Aug DNW
    2-Aug 168.0
    3-Aug 166.6

Wow! That's great.

I'm glad you are sticking with it for a good chunk of time before deciding if it is working for you. I am finding that I lose weight in spurts: holding steady, just up and down between the same numbers for a while, then zip, down several pounds. Which is fine if you know it is coming. But if I hadn't done it long enough to learn my pattern, I could have gotten really frustrated a few times.

Hmm. That reminds me. I need to take some pictures of my graphs and post them on my journal.