Page 208 of 345 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 3450

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 208

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I once stayed up until 12:01 for some ice cream, but then decided I would just go to bed and have it the next day if I still wanted it. I was pretty proud of myself!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Not much gets in the way of me and sleep. Not even food, which I love

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I may re-watch that as it was very motivating when I first saw it. Although I am doing well now, so maybe I should save it for when I start to slip!

For my DH to lose he just has to give up extra ice cream, in other words keep it to once a week. He was a chubby kid though, and even our first year together he gained like 30 pounds because he hurt his knee and stopped running as well as us eating out every single night. We shared meals in the first 6 months or so, but he refused to try anything new, so then we started each having our own entree. Funny thing is that I "only" gained 10 pounds in our first year together. Then another 10 the second year, then I got pregnant....

Once I am in bed, then I would not get up to do anything except escape fire or burglar, but I can flat out stay up all night! I rarely eat after 8 though.
    Last edited by demuralist; 07-27-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: oops we cross posted

It is so easy for DH to drop a few pounds. He could stop eating rice, give up a beer or two, etc. One or two "low" days will essentially allow him to have what he enjoys the rest of the time. Sigh. Sometimes life just isn't fair.........

To be fair, my DH is the "exception that proves the rule" (a saying he uses all the time and makes no sense to me!). He spends virtually all of his time sitting, except that he goes to the gym at least 5 days a week and usually 6. He does at least an hour of cardio and alternates his weights such that he lifts for an hour every day as well, and then does a "massive" workout on Saturday morning. So his NEAT is not nearly as good as mine, but his conventional wisdom workouts are exactly what he is "supposed" to do. He has done that for as long as I have known him. The only person I know, or even have ever heard of, who has kept up an exercise regimen without quitting!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I once stayed up until 12:01 for some ice cream, but then decided I would just go to bed and have it the next day if I still wanted it. I was pretty proud of myself!
    lol.. love this I also love the rule I can have it at 12:01 if I REALLY want it. Ummm.. its usually a no I would think

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    It is so easy for DH to drop a few pounds. He could stop eating rice, give up a beer or two, etc. One or two "low" days will essentially allow him to have what he enjoys the rest of the time. Sigh. Sometimes life just isn't fair.........
    I would think some of this is his heritage correct?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Well, a lot of them are rather overweight (well, they are short and small boned, so even 10 pounds makes a huge difference). He was blessed with an amazing metabolism. And, he doesn't have emotional eating issues. He's full, he stops. He's hungry, he eats. End of story.

My DH as well, except for PB ice cream, and well PB in general! He says he has an extra stomach that is just for those 2 things so no matter how full he is he always has room for those.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Well, a lot of them are rather overweight (well, they are short and small boned, so even 10 pounds makes a huge difference). He was blessed with an amazing metabolism. And, he doesn't have emotional eating issues. He's full, he stops. He's hungry, he eats. End of story.
    see, shows I know NOTHING.. LOL Still, I did not notice 10 extra pounds in MArch.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Trolling for recipes, saw this. There you go. Food has, for a long time, been my method of self-soothing. I need something else (but not spending money, drinking, or smoking!).

"...neurologically, eating stimulates the same pleasure points in your brain as sex and money. I eat when I’m stressed or happy, hungry or bored, alone or at a party, depressed or neutral. Food is a constant companion, and ceasing to eat has meant that I have had to face the general duress of life without my choice method of self-soothing."