Page 205 of 348 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 3480

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 205

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The class today was REALLY good. The lady has fostered over 100 kids, adopted 3 (all of whom had attachment/other issues), and is a counselor who works with adoption families.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Awesome. It sounds like you are enjoying the classes.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So very glad you have found this woman, she will become a fantastic resource!!!

I did my first DD yesterday. I survived, lol. It took me a week to get my diet in shape enough to survive.

I'm going to give ADF a month. I pray it work. Here's my plan:

1. Sleep! Actually, I always make sleep a priority...I just can't always stay sleep (NO problem going to sleep). I wake up at 4 am, regardless of what time I went to bed and usually can't fall back asleep.
    2. Eat real food. Focus on animal products, eat enough greens/other veggies for vitamin supplementation. When time permits, make more bone broth and start eating some liver (pate). My not-so-primal foods: miracle noodles; stevia. I'm not particularly worried about carbs UNLESS they start to override my health (I get to the point where my sugar cravings are unbearable and all I want is carbs. That's when I know I'm in trouble.)
    3. ADF. Do the best I can. My numbers are 1842/368, but if I need 1600/500, that's okay.

Things to work on: stress and traveling. Externally, I handle stress really well. Internally, I start to fall apart Gotta learn to manage this.

DD's for me are getting fairly easy as long as I decide which days are DD's and plan the food ahead of time. And MD's are very easy. I actually have a harder time with UD's. It is that mentality that I can have whatever I want when it should be whatever I need. I do 3 in a row and they get progressively worse. Something to work on.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

I think that's why I didn't do well with 5:2. Well, 5:2 was either super high, 2 low or 5 sorta low (1,000) and 2 struggles (700). 4:3 might be workable, and if ADF works, but doesn't work with my life, I might try that (3 DDs; 2 UDs; 1 MD). We'll see. NO tweaking on my end for awhile!!! (I know, you're all laughing).

I definitely need to decide ahead of time what type of day today will be. ie. if it is a DD I need to stick to it and not decide I can do a MD and do a DD tomorrow. I have to take a little of the flexibility that I have been allowing myself out of the equation. It is still flexible in that I can decide ahead, (trouble I had with ADF) but not so flexible that I can decide on the fly.

I thinking planning ahead is key, especially when taking into account schedules that are wack-a-doodle. I am thinking on this for when school starts back up.
    Karin

p.s. we all may be the queens of tweaking!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^^agreed
    Karin