Page 200 of 333 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3322

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 200

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes!!! I worked all weekend, so I'm dragging right now. After my hearing tomorrow, the week will be not so bad. Then I can catch up with everyone.
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Hope you have a great relaxing week!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Hooray. Long weekend.

Pray for me as I consider what to do in terms of the job situation. There is no easy answer on this one. [It's very nice to be wanted, that's for sure]

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    you are on my mind a lot. Unfortunately, questions like this only seem obvious after the decision is made. Try to enjoy the weekend anyway.

Too bad you aren't closer, Nashville was just rated one of the best places to see fireworks in the country, and I gotta say it is pretty impressive.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    wow.. praying for you to make the best decision for you and your current family as well as your up and coming family.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Prayers coming your way. Happy Independence Day, too!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Praying for help with this tough decision.

Happy independence day! It strikes me today how blessed and fortunate we are. I mean, really, one of my biggest "struggles" in life is that I weigh too much. Wait -- one of my biggest problems is that I eat too much?????? A country where many of live with so many blessings, it is not even funny!

A small vent. We have a guest for the entire weekend. I truly like this person...but company is exhausting. He and DH are at a movie. When they get back, however, more entertaining. As an introvert who is flat out exhausted, I find this a bit stressful. Oh, well. We don't have company often, so I should enjoy it. And, I should get used it, right? When I have kiddos running around, I'm not going to get to check out, just because I'm a tired introvert

More later on the pros/cons as I think about whether or not to change jobs. In a time where a lot of people struggle to have a good job, with insurance, it's truly a good problem to have...

Random Ramblings
    I often find myself saying that I want to be a housewife. And, I do. Except, I don't. I don't really like to clean the house. The children we are looking to adopt are older. I get bored easily. I only like reading romances when I can't do it all the time. But, I get tired of work. Working all the time. Pouring so much effort into something that feels like it has so little meaning. I just wish I knew what I was destined to do. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm particularly good at what I do for a living...it just doesn't bring me passion. But, I'm not sure a lot of people get to do what they are passionate about. Maybe I'm having (a really long) mid-life crisis?

On the job scenario...........
    * Potential job - Good
    - They really want me. As in, they are having to get exceptions, etc. to pay my required salary.
    - They know me and like me (hence, they really want me).
    - Little to NO travel. Yeah, baby. That's better for the family life!
    - In the very short run, I'm not likely to work as much as I do now.
    - No direct report! [I don't like managing people, even good employees.]
    - A lot less responsibility.
    - Lots of room to grow (upward) if I become inclined in that direction again.
    - I will stand out quickly.
    - I don't think they work as many weekends. I don't think I would lose any of my vacation.
    * Potential job - No so Good
    - I have to work in an office. I hate, really hate, working in an office [I am not exaggerating here.]
    - I would have to work in a cube. I basically quit my last job because of working in a cube. I'm really not sure I could do so again.
    - They know what I can do. They need my expertise. It won't be long and I'll be working as much (or more?) as I do now.
    - There is a commute. At least 30 mins each way, more if I work "normal" hours.
    - They will be bringing me in near the top of the salary range...raises will stink.
    - I have to learn the company. I generally love learning...but don't know if I'm ready for it right now.
    - When our adoption stuff works out, if it's soon, then I won't be eligible for family medical leave.
    - Not as many vacation days.
    - I've not always thought highly of this company (though I would like my 2 immediate bosses).
    - I would not have as much responsibility (and, yeah, I listed as a positive as well. I have a love/hate relationship with responsibility).
    - Start over with my retirement.
    - Have to buy more business attire.
    - Down 7 days of annual leave.

* Current job - good
    - When I'm not traveling, I work from home. I have a lot of flexibility. This would be helpful with kiddos. Love to eat lunch with my husband. I can do laundry during the day. I don't waste time commuting. I can get dinner started. No temptation to eat out during lunch. Fewer clothing requirements.
    - I don't work in an office. I hate working in an office.
    - I have a good mix of job duties, which often play up my skills.
    - I'm well liked and very well respected.
    - My boss really likes me.
    - Good retirement/benefits.
    - Know the company well, which makes my job easier.
    - A lot of interaction with the executives.
    - 28 days of annual leave (includes my sick days, though).
    - Qualify for family medical leave with the adoption.
    - My boss will counter another job offer, which will [finally] perhaps? lead to more equity in my pay compared to my responsibilities.
    * Current job - not so good
    - I work. A lot. Really a lot. 50-60 hours/week normally, occasionally as much as 80 hours per week. Lots of weekends.
    - I travel. I don't like business travel. I don't get to have fun when I travel for business. I'd rather be home.
    - I don't get to take all of my hard-earned vacation.
    - I get paid well, but am vastly under-paid, especially when compared to some of the slackers in my group. [I hesitate to complain about this, because I make good money. Just not the same as the others. This leads to resentment on my part!]
    - I have much more responsibility than my job is graded for.
    - The workload in my ground in not fairly distributed. And, those who don't contribute as much...almost nothing can be done. After 30 years (or more), nothing will be done. This causes me to be bitter...and I'm not a bitter person.
    - While I legally qualify for family medical leave, I guarantee you I won't end up taking much/if any of it. There's a lot of political pressure. Adoption is NOT viewed anywhere close to natural birth. My boss is pregnant...we cannot both be out at the same time.
    - I'm taking over a project from one of my really good friends. The transition is not going well. He is VERY critical (it is his personality) and it is hard for him to transition to me... I do things differently and I'm not as smart (truth. I'm somewhat smart, but am mostly just a hard worker. He's exceptionally smart and an exceptionally hard worker). This is starting to put a strain on a valued friendship.
    - I will not be able to progress in this company, unless we want to move. We don't want to move.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Whew.

Do not forget that adopting older children, especially multiples, is not going to be easy and will be a job in and of itself. Can you afford to make rearing those children your job? Being a housewife/mother does not mean you won't be working hard. Ask yourself what is most important in the long run. Doing a job for a company or raising respectful, responsible adults.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.