Page 2 of 345 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 2

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today was good. I certainly know where my weaknesses are at the moment (mindful eating and exercise). Journaling really helps me to see that.

Food
    Breakfast:
    Extra lean groun beef (the fresh grass-fed beef only comes in extra lean at my meat market) - 8 oz (raw weight)
    Ghee - 1/2 tsp
    Frozen Cauliflower - 1/2 bag (8 oz or so)

Lunch (hungry!):
    Turkey/Pork Nepali Meatballs (about 4 oz cooked) + Nepali "Salsa" (about 4 T)
    Carrots - 8, cooked without salt

Dinner:
    Extra lean groun beef - 8 oz (raw weight)
    Brussels sprouts - 8 oz (raw weight), cooked in 1/2 cup chicken broth
    Sweet Potato - 1/4 of medium

Totals: 1,172 calories; 78 g carb; 38 g fat; 112 g protein; 8 glasses of water/tea (I'm swimming!!!)

I find it interesting that the book suggests eating alone. On the one hand, I can see that if you were eating alone, it would be a lot easier to concentrate solely on eating. You don't have to make conversation, etc. But, if I'm eating alone, I'm more apt to not listen to my hunger and go back for more food...because no one can see me. Since I usually eat with thin people (including my husband), I'm more concious of how much I'm eating around them. And, I've found, when I'm eating solo, I'm still struggling to not think about all the things I need to get done, etc. Something to work on for sure.

And, no real workouts for days. I have GOT to get back on the bandwagon, even if it's only to walk the dogs on a daily basis!

This morning, I weighted in at 170.5. So far, so good. Had written an email to Matt last night asking about weight loss and strength gains. I got a fantastic, well-thought response. How cool is that. Maybe I should have gone for the 2 month plan

He also pointed me to this article: How the Hell Do I Break This Weight Loss Plateau? | S.P.E.E.D. - Evidence Based Weight Loss.

Last day of Thanksgiving vacation...back to work tomorrow (sigh). Today, after church, think we will spend the afternoon putting up the Christmas tree and decorations. I hope to chill, drink my water, and be prepared for the coming week today.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I saved the link.. I will be there a few times I think since I have a ways to go! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I emailed to Matt about the fact that my boys tend to want to watch tv while eating dinner and I feel rude if I don't join them. His basically said the idea to eat alone is a suggestion that statistically worked, individual results may vary and to pay attention to what I am eating when I am in different scenarios. I have found that I weigh and measure what I put on my plate and that is what I eat. I don't go back for more, if I think I am still hungry, it is likely because I ate too fast, so that is one reason why I started with the tea. For me distractions do not seem to affect what I eat because of this, so I don't worry so much about it. I used to use lunch as a break from my housework and would just keep eating to avoid having to do something I didn't want to do. Now when the 2C of tea are done then I get up and move on.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I struggled today. I "felt" hungry; some of it was real, a lot of was mental hunger. I'm pretty sure I'm not eating enough protein for me during the morning. If I eat 45-50 g of protein in the morning, I'm good for 5-6 hours. Less and I'm hungry again in about 3. I let myself snack...I do not like that. So, goal for tomorrow is more protein at breakfast.

I'm ready for the next few days. I made a meatloaf, will get a roast in the oven tonight, and have cooked brussels sprouts and butternut squash for me (and sweet potatoes for the rest of the family). I need more greens when I get to the store (and more tea!).

Food today:
    Breakfast:
    Tbone steak - 6 oz cooked
    Carrots, cooked - 141 g

Snack:
    Tbone steak - 2 oz (should have just had this with breakfast!)

Lunch:
    Extra lean ground beef - 8 oz (raw measure)
    Cauliflower, cooked - 85 g
    Carrots, cooked - 141 g

Dinner:
    Tbone Steak - 6 oz (cooked)
    Butternut squash, cooked - 165 g

Got all of my water in. I think I was dehydrated. I used to drink a fair amount of water (I live in a fairly dry climate), but stopped because I was trying to see if I could stop getting up in the night. Actually, no, but I never got back to the water. I do feel better for drinking a bit more.

Today's totals:
    1,305 calories; 41 g carbs (even with all those carrots and squash? feel like I inputted something wrong...); 69 g fat; 130 g protein (this doesn't feel right either...).

Now, I'm drinking my tea as a signal to my brain that the kitchen is closed. I want to make some pumpkin fudge and pumpkin "lara bars" for the family, but I know that I couldn't stay out of them tonight. Oh well, the family will have to wait!

I find, for me, that in addition to eating as close to, or more than, 50g of protein for breakfast, it is also helpful to have as few carbs at breakfast as possible. I tend to push the bulk of my carbs to dinner, with very few at breakfast. I try to evenly balance the protein for the 3 meals.

which program are you using for your tracking?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I find, for me, that in addition to eating as close to, or more than, 50g of protein for breakfast, it is also helpful to have as few carbs at breakfast as possible. I tend to push the bulk of my carbs to dinner, with very few at breakfast. I try to evenly balance the protein for the 3 meals.

which program are you using for your tracking?
    Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

This week, I'm using myfitnesspal.com. I miss the chart on how your nutrient ratios are stacking up...not that I necessarily think the RDA guidelines are spot on, but I do like the fact that I'm usually meeting or exceeding both goals. Perhaps next week I will check out fatsecret.com

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I like the fatsecret most because its on my blackberry which is with me always! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I liked the fitday.com because at the end it would give you the percentages of each macro nutrient. But it just didn't have enough of the foods that I eat and I was having to input too much. I also like that it has a graph for your weight loss against your weight goal. Just too much work to input all that stuff. I like myfitnesspal.com cause it has virtually everything I eat in its data banks. I don't use the RDA, I set my own goals.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This morning I'm 169.5. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Does the jig around computer). Now, if I can just keep going down... Seems like when I get to point of switching to a lower set of digits, I bounce around for awhile. (Crossing fingers that tomorrow is also a loss and then I can feel like I'm "really" in the 160s). I haven't been in the 160s in about 8 years (well, about a month ago I hit 169.5 for a day, and then moved back to around 170).

Work today. Hopefully the structure is a good thing. Will be pushing my fluids today. Planning a breakfast with lots of protein. Mom and I have a ladies only crossfit class tonight.

Page 2 of 345 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast