Page 191 of 334 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 3332

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 191

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This house is big enough for that to happen. Our last one...not so much
    -- Ruth

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Our house is going to feel very big after mid-August. When we bought it we had planned on parents staying for a while and besides the 3 bedrooms we each use there is a mini master upstairs. It has been useful but not used as planned.

My experience with desserts has been that I dont make them often enough to get good with the flour substitutions. So it works better to make things that dont use it at all. I just do pies without crust. Stopped cakes for the most part. Things like that.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    pies are good sans crust. I am wondering about a cobbler though with a gluten free crunch.. what do you think Ruth?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I did something like that with sweet potatoes. I took almond flour, nuts, a little coconut sugar (basically like brown sugar), and butter. It was DIVINE!

Well, it took 1 week to gain 5 pounds...and it's probably going to take between 3-5 weeks for it to go away. Sigh. I suppose if I were more disciplined and did EOD rotations, it might come off fast. Of course, with my week in TX, especially what we have going on this week, it's not going to happen! I wish it would come off, though. My pants don't fit and it's uncomfortable...

Had a lovely 3 day weekend, but am sorry to see it go. Off to TX today. I'm driving for this trip. Not sure if that's better or worse.

I am starting a few select amino acids today. I hope it helps. I find myself exhausted. As in, I can't think, feel so sleepy all the time -- like I need a good nap. But, if I so lay down for a nap, can't sleep (sleeping fine at night, at least for me).

We have our homestudy interviews scheduled for next week and the following week. All of references got their packets in the mail. Need to schedule our physicals.

On the bright side, it is a short work week. Hooray!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I am very curious about the aminos! I have been feeling better but still dragging and can NOT fall asleep at night. Last night I took an advil PM to help.

So, how long after the homestudy interviews before you know the result? It kind of sounds like you are being fast tracked through the process??

Hooray short week!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ruth, Which ones are you taking?

Amino acids. I'm starting with L-Tyrosine (energy!) and Gaba (stress management). I debated on the Gaba...and I hope it doesn't counteract the L-Tyrosine. I'd like to say that I'm cleaning up my diet, but when traveling, I often end of with chicken and iceberg lettuce, so I don't get a lot of nutrition help there. I really need beef...lots of beef...and some green veggies.

Adoption. The state says that the licensing process will take roughly 120 days. I think we got into the cycle at the "right" time. We had just missed the classes, but sent in the application anyway (classes start later this month). So, I think we got the application in before the next wave of applicants and get a "jump start". I don't know this, but I also suspect that because we are interested in 3 teen boys (very hard to adopt, both because of age and sibling group) we may have had a bit of help as well. It's hard to say. I find the entire process a bit convoluted...

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I take L-Tyrosine Morning , Mid AM and Afternoon
    I take GABA in the evening. No conflict.

Wow, you could be a parent by the end of summer? Awesome and scary, I'm sure.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think next time I am at an appropriate store I will try to add the L-Tyrosine. From the checklist it is the only thing that really still applies to me.

P, What dosage (ie. how many mg per pill is your tyrosine?)

Ruth, love the new picture, but thinking that is one we have seen? Also, weight loss and fast do not necessarily equate to something good. Maybe shoot first for maintenance. Instead of going full blown EOD, just do 1 down day a week for the next 3 weeks. Then do the best you can to clean it up the rest of the time. Once you have that down, add another dd a week, and see how that goes.

dieting, traveling, moving your mom in, working on adopting 3 teenage boys, and a job you don't love...jeez there are really too many more things that are more stressful than any one of those and you have piled up 4 at once! Go easy on yourself or you are going to end up in a loony bin!