Page 190 of 349 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 3488

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 190

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am right now at the point where if I am going to do a treat I just do it and take the sugar/grain hit. It is rare enough. And for me coconut flour or almond flour doesn't seem any more primal that any thing else. Not an every day thing or even weekly but just a rare treat. And then I just get on with life.
    Totally agree. I laugh when people call things a "paleo" cupcake. Um, I'm guessing no. Eating too many treats, whether they are made with nuts and "natural" sweeteners does most of us no good! But, I'm glad these flours exist for those of us with gluten and dairy issues

IDK, Karin, I wouldn't mind a nut allergy. It would keep me out of the blasted things. I eat them like potato chips. Junk food is junk food, "natural" or not. Sigh.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    What if you just work on treats that don't use ingredients you cant use. Cant think of any off the top of my head of course.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

It's pretty dog-gone hard to find something that is both gluten and dairy free! Luckily, I don't have treats that often. Actually, I prefer (mostly) crunchy/salty to sweet. It's almost ice cream season. Homemade coconut milk ice cream is so nice.... [hmmm, maybe tomorrow]

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ok.. I am trying to figure out how to check out books on my kindle.. I have a library card, somewhere.. no idea where. Is there another way?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

That's about the only way I know how to. You can share books (some, anyway), but someone you know has to own it...and in the case, the publisher has made it unlendable.

Not all libraries have a good kindle selection. Ours is decent (but some days frustrating).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    BUT if I ever get to the point where I am not binging, I would rather have a gluten free treat, because the weight gain for wheat flour is double that for other flours.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Thinking coconut macaroons or similar. Also, i pinned a site that included flourless treats. Good starting off point any way. A nice simple one would be a chia pudding. Can you do heavy cream?

Karin, once I logged in with my number I didn't
    need the card again. Maybe if you call they can look the number up for you. You could do the Gutenberg Project but it wont get you new titles. Is great for old classics.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

yum..macaroons!! I am going to try and find that pin Chris. Paula has a point with flour and weight gain..it sucks.

Custard is easy too.. gluten free, primal and all that jazz

Thanks Chris.. heading to the library Monday.
    Karin

Chris has a great pin with recipes that I re pinned

I was super duper productive yesterday! My mom has been living with us for 3 years. We talked about her just staying, even after she finishes nursing school. With that, we've started integrating her stuff into the house. I've moved things around to make room for it.
    -- Ruth

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    nice!! I say if it works, great!
    Karin