Page 183 of 348 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 3480

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 183

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think the article spoke to all of us.. it was a real kick in the pants.

It makes sense that being ill and not being hungry for anything but meat would cause you to be nutrient deficient. Glad to hear your sleep is better though. I agree with Chris, if you can get the sleep in order, that is half the battle.

We have seen 10 pound water gains before.. they suck but your right it is what it is. The good thing is we know that its just water and not fat.

As for Pate.. I posted a non-dairy pate recipe that is THE BOMB!! on the recipes.

As to where you are going from here.. can you reintroduce some non-gassy veggies and see how well those are tolerated? Reintroduce one at a time for a few days to see if they will be a problem?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    How stressed are you? I'm apparently not too bad The Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale - Stress Management from MindTools.com

I am a 119.. so according to THEIR scale.. I am at low risk..lol
    Karin

Thanks for all the thoughts, ladies

The great (primal) carb re-introduction continues. Yesterday, I overdid it. But, it was fun and enjoyable. The scale moved up 3.6 lb this morning, but I can tell the pipes are a bit clogged (TMI, sorry) and there was a lot of sampling of different things yesterday. But, the weight still within the new (high) range, so interestingly enough, I'm okay with it (the previous 2 days had been some nice downward wooshes).

In other news... Over a year ago, we adopted a second dog from the animal rescue. They told us he was a springer spaniel/lab mix. Yeah. Not. Had a dog trainer over on Thursday. She (and others) said he is definitely a border collie, with springer spaniel. There may be lab, but that's not really apparent. The big deal? What a collie needs is a lot more activity than what a lab-type dog needs, among other things. Anyway, the breed determination explain A LOT about my little guy (activity needs aside). She also helped us work out a training plan for his terrible leash pulling. Now we'll be working on that. My goofball is easily amused (lizards, leafs, shadows, people, cars, bunnies, did I mention leaves and shadows?). We figured out last night that a laser pointer will wear him out Yeah. Will make the training drills much easier.

She also concluded that my golden, with some training, would be a good therapy dog (e.g., go to nursing homes, hospitals, etc.). We will begin focusing on her training as well.

Not sure what I have planned for today. Some work. Have to write some testimony, yuck. A run to the grocery store. Training the dog.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post

She also concluded that my golden, with some training, would be a good therapy dog (e.g., go to nursing homes, hospitals, etc.). We will begin focusing on her training as well.
    You know how there will come a time when you want to quit what you are doing... this sounds like another option opening up. It takes some time to train the dog but maybe by the time the training is done, this would be a job you would like to do.
    Karin

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Whoa! I am a 311 on their scale. That freaks me out.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Wow I'm with Karin! There is a huge demand for dogs who are trained in that manner! That could be an interesting move for you.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Yesterday was a good day. I did not work, which is good mentally, but will make for a challenging week. Oh, well DH is off to a business trip for a few days, so mom, myself, and the animals will hang out together for the next 3 days.

Deflated a bit from yesterday's BIG gain. Still more to go, but whatever, it will happen. Would be nice to take care of 1/2 of this gain before I go on vacation, but probably won't happen. Hopefully I can manage the vacation gain...lots of walking perhaps? And, of course, I hope to meet up with Paula

Alrighty, had better see how you are all doing and then get to work. Lots to do today and I'm tired.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Ruth, I know I tend to advocate for whatever "plan" I am currently on, so here I go again! But I do seem to remember that you didn't have any problems with doing a fast/very low calorie day. What if you did a few scattered fasts (days where your intake is less than about 500 calories) and do what you are working on right now for the other days. Basically just put off eating calories during the day and then have dinner with DH and mom. Not an ADF, or a 4:3 or even a 5:2, just pick a day when you think you could easily do it and go for it. And if you don't make it, what the heck, forget about it and try it on another day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^ Chris. Me Too! Lol

Ruth. I accidentally deleted the text with your vaca dates. When are you in NYC and what part of the city? PM me again if you can.