Page 182 of 349 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3488

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 182

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I think you have a good plan.

We'll have to discuss the possibilities for a meet up.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Ruth, I find that any vegetable in the cabbage family causes bloating and weight gain for me. Sadly that means broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts are not my friend. Consider tracking how you feel after eating them.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    well potatoes and rice will add some variety at least. Can you do fruit or are you trying not to get back into that? with summer coming you could make some nice salsas and such for some taste variety.

I think it best to find something you can do reliably while traveling with the hubs, and deal with any changes when you get back.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    question: If you reintroducing these carbs are you decreasing fat?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I've just been eating. I mean, I was gaining even when watching calories so I decided to just see if I could feel better and help my digestion. Now that I'm stabilized, my intent is to focus on: quality and calories. Maybe try 5:2 now that I'm feeling better. And when I say carbs, except for yesterday, it's usually under 50 g. It's just that before, it was somewhere like 5-15 g...anything more made my stomach hurt like the dickens.

I'm going to be so depressed if I find the same thing HB. My favorite veggies are cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and cabbage. It'll be my luck...

Chris, not too much fruit yet, as it can really cause sugar cravings. With summer, I will see how limited amount of seasonal veggies do. I LOVE watermelon and cherries. Last summer, I don't recall watermelon being a problem, but who knows with the body this year. I'm also slowly trying other veggies, but some of my old favorites, like spinach, do not seem appetizing, so I'm not forcing it right now.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I love celery but its not loving me right now.. I feel for you.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    not sure what I would do without my veggies. Of course I lived without them for years and was thinner and energetic, also much younger, so who knows? Think it is the fiber? It can't just be about the carbs right? Wonder what they have in common, the ones that really bother you?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I love celery but its not loving me right now.. I feel for you.
    This explains why I feel so crummy. Been snacking on celery all day.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Earlier this week, I posted the following link in Paula's journal. Hormones, Homeostasis, and Why You (Probably) Need Carbs :: stumptuous.com Truth of the matter, it was pretty much aimed at me. As I was reading, I kept thinking, "did you write this for me??????????"

Aside from some obvious things, I think the article helped explain why things went really wrong after I was sick (cold from the underworld -- 4-6 weeks of sick). I was:
    * Extremely sick (for me).
    * Lots of inflammation.
    * Couldn't sleep.
    * Was barely eating -- and pretty much only meat (NOTHING else looked, smelled, or tasted even removed remotely good).
    So, I think I was very nutrient deficient, sleep deprived, and as the article makes loose mention of, I think my digestion system slowed (or almost shut) down. Bingo. I suspect this very much explains why carbs have been so problematic (which, for me, tend to be about 90% from veggies [ignoring my recent foray into potato and rice]).

I think that means I am having to work through several things.
    1. Digestion slowed down. My carbs -- mostly veggies -- have tended to be the higher fiber carbs or the "gassy" kind. I go to eat those, and my poor stomach hurts (would have helped had I tried a more gradual approach!).
    2. I've been VLC since January. Add that to slowed digestion and reintroducing carbs is naturally going to lead to water gain (and, probably some re-adaptation). Yeah, okay, I wasn't expecting a 10 pound water/gain/adaptation, but hey, it is what it is.
    3. Stress/lack of sleep. Sleep is better, but not great. And, sick puppy has meant several nights of very poor sleep.
    4. Poor nutrition. Veggies are still not tolerated well, but getting better. I haven't been able to find my pate (the only one I can find without dairy) for several weeks. I'm out of bone broth. I still haven't mastered eating other offal. Can you say [likely] nutrition deficiency?
    5. Low grade inflammation. Although I'm not generally have stomach cramps, I still have some digestive issues. Last night, I noticed that my stomach has a slight burn to it on the days I'm introducing carbs. Better than the cramps, but still not great.

Now that [I think] I have some reasons, the question is, where do I go from here? Not entirely sure, but am feeling better about things (I'm sure it helps that I got good sleep last night!).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would aim to get yourself to 15-25g of carb per meal/snack.

I eat one High Glycemic fruit per day and one serving of berries if I want more fruit. Plus I have white rice or a sweet potato. It all works out between 75-100g carbs. I eat 2 servings of veg per day as well.