Page 181 of 336 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 3360

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 181

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Ugh! sorry. I wish I knew the answer. The problem is that I keep changing the answer. If you haven't read "Schwarzbein Principle II" and the "Diet Cure" that might be something you could do.

Schwarzbein and Ross believe that we should be eating lots of good cals (Not too far below BMR plus activity) with all four macros well represented. Min. 75g carb spread out over the day. Both say that there is a healing phase which can result in weight gain, but not to give up. Ross is my size and eats close to 3000 cals / day which is what I burn on a heavy workout day. EEEK!

Granted, I have only 2 days in on this so there it is. I did it for a month last year, lost 10 lbs and nearly matched my Primal low.

Love the article you posted in my journal.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    So very sorry. Truly wish there was even a morsel of wisdom I could impart. But one thing I have learned is that this journey is not a straight path and my journey does not necessarily equate to yours. Sorry.

I am here to listen though if that helps at all.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good job on cooing/prepping all those meals for your freezer. You're fantastic!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    oh.. this is frustrating I know. I wish I had some wisdom. Weren't you just going to do maintenance for a while?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Well, trying to maintain hasn't worked worth a darn. I ended March at 158.4. I started May (today) at 168.8 (the highest I've been since about July, I think).

Headed to SF this morning. I'm a cranky bear. The dog was not feeling good and she got me up 2x and I had trouble falling asleep after each one. The good news? She got me up so she could go outside instead of making a mess in the house...just like we trained her...so can't hardly complain

Our neighbors have a doggy door, of course that is part of the problem with the barking, but I am sure she doesn't wake up to put the dogs out in the middle of the night.

We've thought about it Both our dogs are pretty big (50-60 lb), so we have some safety concerns about leaving it unlocked at night. But, my other dog, who likes to go in and out all day, would love it!

They are lockable, but I have heard of racoons and such getting into peoples homes. I think I would rather wake up.

p.s. too bad you can't teach them to use a litter box like kitties do for the night time needs.

Not much time this morning, but a lot I ultimately want to get down. So, back later today or tomorrow.

Weight has FINALLY stabalized. Not where I want it (about 10 pounds too high), but I think it has *finally* gotten used to the carbs again. My digestion is better, although greens are still a little rough. Potatoes and rice seem to do the best. Too much in the way of fiber is still problematic. So, I am going to keep a moderate level of carbs in and then start trying to get these 10 pounds back off.

In some ways, I want to ditch the carbs and let the water and glycogen deplete before my NY trip, but frankly, we're going to eat carbs in NY. My sister-in-law is a phenomenal cook. She'll make everything gluten and dairy free for me, but there will be veggies. There won't be a ton of meat. No use going through all of this again!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    stable is good. I know the bouncing can make you feel crazy.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.