Page 179 of 337 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 3362

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 179

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is why I really liked the way I did it this week. Up until 4:30 I had less than 100 calories. Which left me with 400 for once I got home. So I could use 100 calories for a snack and then eat the protein and a huge salad for dinner. The snack when I walk in the door turned out to be essential to be able to cook without munching. Having 4 days that were that low until 4:30 also left me some flexibility in case I slipped. The snack was yogurt and blueberries. I usually pan fry the protein, either chicken thighs or fish filets or pork chops, high fat stuff in its own fat. Then a huge plate of mixed greens with a T of olive oil, vinegar, salt and spices (dry homemade ranch mix). Usually roast another veggie or make some carb for the boys. Super easy. I get fancier on my up days. On the work days that are not fasting, I eat the extra veggies with butter or sauce, make a sauce for the meat, have a bit of chocolate at the end of the night and go ahead and add half and half or cream to my teas, to get my calories up.

On my non-work non-fasting days, I go ahead and drink my morning smoothie and also go ahead and have lunch, but no snack.

What I like is being able to decide at the last minute whether or not a day is a fast day, as long as I make sure I keep 2 of them I am good.

I am also finding my up days are pretty low, without really trying.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ate everything and anything yesterday...typical long trip rebound eating. I think I don't eat enough or the right stuff and so when I get home, I'm searching. Finally determined that I probably needed some fat, but it was pretty late by the time I had ferreted out what my body needed nutritionally.

We got the initial adoption application completed and will send it today. Still a lot more work to do... We have some kiddos we would like to know more about, but they cannot tell us anything until the home study is complete. Trying not to get my hopes up...when the right situation is available, things will fall into place.

Sick last night. Probably from the junk that went in my mouth. Partial vacation week...meaning that I need to work, but will do so when I feel like...and I'll skip all of the conference calls that I do not!

It is very hard when you are so excited about something to be patient. And this is so big it isn't like you will be able to keep your mind off of it!

I cannot tell you how many days I have done like that in the past. Where after stuffing myself with some of everything in an effort to figure out what I am looking for I finally figure it out, but I am too full and too tired to care anymore. I need to learn to slow down and figure it out before I start stuffing things into my face!

Oh man, working when I feel like it would be dangerous for me!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that is exciting! Something really special to wait for.

Nothing exciting to report. The scale is not being kind, but I can't bring myself to really care (too much). My body is deficient in something, but I can't figure out what. My carb cravings are crazy. Some emotional eating. The good news? I'm getting some good sleep! Pray that I can break this 2 am/3 am wakeup/can't go back to sleep cycle...

Very hard to handle carb cravings when they are in the house and you are not feeling at the top of your game.

Have you had the docs do all possible tests for vitamin, mineral deficiencies as well as hormonal balance type stuff?

Hoping and praying the sleep continues to get better.

I know it is easier to report in when things are going well, but it is more useful to you to report in when things are not going well. I am here for ya.

Thanks for the support

Yesterday, started cleaning things up. A lot of searching until I roasted some bones and ate some bone marrow. Then, all of the cravings and searching stopped, dead in their tracks. Bone broth is simmering and I will eat the oxtail meat today. I will take the rest of the week to clean things up and then decide what I'm doing...hopping back into weight loss mode? Trying to maintain at about 158? Not sure yet. Definitely don't like the almost 10 pounds I gained (again...sigh).

So, speaking of gaining almost 10 pounds very quickly...for a person who thinks losing 1 pound a week is good (with my body), it's very scary how fast it can come back. Was a lot of it water? Sure. But I know from experience how fast the "water" weight can turn back into fast. I can see that any maintenance I do once I hit goal is going to have to be watched very closely to keep myself there until my body accepts that as my weight.

I have not had recent tests. For the adoption paperwork, we'll have to have a physical and I planned to ask at that time if they'd do some extra tests.

I think, for what it is worth, that until you get the blood tests back and know that all is in order, it might be easier just to work on maintenance. It would certainly reduce your stress levels, which couldn't hurt.

Friday...already. Usually I'm excited, but since I partially had the week off, I'm sad that it has arrived

I have been somewhat productive this week. Vacuumed the whole house yesterday, including the stairs (we hate to do the stairs). Worked some more on my book room -- more books for the donation pile! I'm proud of myself for downsizing my library...it's actually easier to get rid of my clothes than it is to get rid of my books...how weird is that?