Page 176 of 344 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 3438

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 176

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ruth's Green Chile Jerky

2 Lb Extra Lean Ground Beef [the leaner the better in the dehydrator]
    5 T (or so) Chopped Green Chile [frozen is fine (defrosted), but I cannot vouch for the canned stuff]
    2 t sea salt
    .5 t paprika
    .5 t onion powder
    .5 t garlic powder
    .5 t black pepper

Mix together. Roll out [like a crust] and then cut into slices. Dehydrate until you reach desired doneness [I just have a dehydrator that turns on and off, so don't know about temp if you have a fancy one!]

[These spice measurements are all estimated -- I usually just throw some in]

Okay, just did intervals for the first time in, um, like 6 months? Holy jello legs, batman!

Today, I'm transitioning out of my maintenance week and into 4:3. It was a good mental break - something I really needed. I expect to see a small jump (sigh) as I do two UDs in a row (plus an MD or low UD yesterday) and move into my new pattern, but I also think I need these UDs to make my DDs a success.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I am planning for today to be a moderate day and tomorrow to be up, but we shall see what happens at the party tonight. The daughter of the host is a pro level baker and it is his birthday.

Transitions....

Over the past two days, I have "gained" 4 pounds. For once, I'm not yet worried. Here's why. I've gone from maintenance to 4:3, which includes two UDs. I've added back in serious walking (4 miles per day), hill sprints (boy can I feel these), and LHT (eeks, I have gotten weak). I have also gone from literally almost zero carb to "high" carb (still under 100 g/day). I have discovered that fiber almost instantly makes my stomach hurt. Still testing other carbs.

Re: carbs. As an initial matter, I don't believe they are necessary. If you eat offal, as well as muscle meat, you can get all of your essential nutrients and amino acids. However, I don't know if I'm ready to go there if I don't have to...because of the way my family eats (decent amount of veggies) and my business travel. I may well have to go there (I didn't necessarily want to give up gluten or dairy either!), but I want to give it one more chance and see if I can stabilize my body and start to lose weight again. For the last 6 week, I have basically gained and lost the same 4 pounds -- all revolving around "carb" episodes (most perfectly primal/paleo carbs). At this point, I either need to adapt to carbs or dump them completely and see whether or not UD/DD is going to work. So, here I go. Carb adaption week.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    hmmm interested in your progress and experiment with carbs.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I actually would be sad if I had to give up my veggies, especially now that summer is coming on. But you have to do what the body dictates. Funny, I was about to say that if they made me sick I would stop eating them, but that hasn't stopped me from putting the occasional bit of sugary/floury thing in my mouth.

I had to do the same thing with gluten and dairy. I had to "prove" that I really couldn't handle them. Afterward, it just became life. So, we shall see I will be sad, but it won't be the end of the world. Just a bit more...challenging.

I wonder what it is that actually makes the body decide not to accept a previously acceptable food? It seems that, according to that blog I sent you the link to, she thinks some of it is going without and then adding it back in and the body needs to re-establish the ability to digest by increasing the necessary types of enzymes. My memory is that she added back little bits of the previously offensive food.

I'm not really sure. I suspect at some point a version of GAPS may be in order, but I'm not mentally up to it now.

The carb experiment is not going well. My cravings are out of control and I'm not eating well. Yesterday's DD was an UD, but I have absolutely no clue what I ate. Odd for me. While my stomach doesn't really hurt, it doesn't feel good. I'm up 7 pounds in 3 days. Enough of this. I will work on carbs at some later point.

Today, I'll be in Santa Fe most of the day. I'm going to focus on meat and fat today and try to clear the stomach out a bit. I'm also thinking I might take a maintenance break until after I come back from NY. Yes, I want to lose weight so badly it's killing me. But, I feel like the diet and all of these permutations are taking over my life and not in a good way. Maybe a break is really what I need. When I come back, my travel should slow down and I can focus on what I want to do. [I say this and then watch me decide I need to hop right back into UD/DD But not today.]

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think maintenance sounds like a good idea. Trying to lose while vacationing is not fun. Enjoy the vacation, rest, relax and just try and maintain.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.