Page 174 of 334 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3332

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 174

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    LOL!! Kindle!! I have parted with many books due to necessity and lack of space. I figure if I REALLY love the book, I will buy it in kindle version. I actually have done that for a few books but most I don't need to read again.. so many NEW books to read!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I rarely buy books anymore. Has to be my one of my favorite authors to do so. But, still hard to let go of the ones I have bought. I love my kindle, but sometimes I still love my physical books. Oh, well. They have departed the book room and are now downstairs.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Now that the house is paid off we do donations every other year, so we can insure that we can take the deduction. This is our donation year-good timing with regard to DS going off to school this fall, it will be a lot easier to let go of stuff in the basement after he has moved out.

You know you can check books out of the library for your kindles right? I do it for the nook all the time.

One of the good things about my more creative less analytical mind is that I do not remember numbers well, so new weight old weight whatever, weight coming off is weight coming off, and I celebrate it!

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    One of the good things about my more creative less analytical mind is that I do not remember numbers well, so new weight old weight whatever, weight coming off is weight coming off, and I celebrate it!
    Chris, I love ya! I, unfortunately, remember numbers fairly well. Although, this morning, I was really disappointed (because the carb weight is not coming off that fast), because I *thought* there was no change from yesterday...come to find out, I was down a pound when I looked at my spreadsheet. Then I was really happy

Yes, I check out Kindle books all of the time from the library. In fact, I REALLY have to love a book to buy it anymore.

heehee, but on the negative side if I am not putting the numbers from the scale down somewhere I will very easily let them creep up.

I usually now will only buy a book if I consider it a reference type book. Something I will go back to often and for years.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I seldom buy books I get a lot free though. I am seeing the value of tracking weights. You are right, it helps you from packing back on.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I don't always want to see the number, but I'm happy to have the data. When you get enough data, you can start to see patterns and trends (well, sometimes). And, yes, it's good to have it so that you don't say, "well, that's just a pound", which is okay, until it's 20 pounds.

exactly, or in my case it was 50 and getting close to the next century that snapped me out of my self induced delusion.

I didn't have a scale and hadn't gone to the doctor in YEARS. I knew I was overweight, but I didn't know how bad. When I went and saw 240...well, I nearly had a heart attack. I don't know if I can always maintain at my goal weight (once I get there), but I'm going to do my best not to get back to where I was.

If you haven't seen it, pretty interesting.

Video: Eat, Fast and Live Longer with Michael Mosley | Watch Michael Mosley Online | PBS Video

Michael Mosley is an enjoyable fellow, so it's a good watch.