Page 172 of 344 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 3438

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 172

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah, but now you are one step closer. And since you keep a nice journal and track your food you are getting to where you can pinpoint it. I thought NK was the ticket and that EMF would get me there. It may still be the ticket, I just don't know why I can't seem to get there.

I am really sad that your body is rejecting so many foods.

It is easy to see now, for me, that working so hard to get the protein, and then the fat was sort of counter-intuitive. I don't miss carbs in general, so going low with them is not a hardship.

I am going to go and figure out what my percentages were supposed to be on SPEED, and what they were supposed to be on EMF and average the 2 up and see what happens to my JUDDD.

p.s. what about more exotic veggies you body hasn't had a chance to reject yet, Kohlrabi or jicama?
    Last edited by demuralist; 04-09-2013 at 04:02 PM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    As long as the calories fall in line, I'm not starving, and I feel satisfied, I'm not going to worry so much about the macros (well, and my stomach doesn't hurt). I don't want things to get too out of whack anymore, but stressing over them has clearly not helped me

Will have to try jicama, etc. again. I did a little daikon the other day...but it was just that...a little!

Rereading the SPEED book. Will post interesting thoughts as I see them. I feel like I'm chasing my tail here...

Quick trip to Santa Fe in the morning & then my vacation resumes. Does walking the dogs count as a chore I completed today.

Am thinking I will attempt to EOD UD/DD until Monday (a natural DD) and then go to 4:3. That's the plan, at any rate

Chasing my tail made me smile in a sad yeah I totally get it kind of way. Regarding SPEED I sort of feel like it will be easier this time with a slightly lower protein goal and our increasingly lower emphasis on the macros.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    That is when you are losing right?

Maybe if you stuck to less gassy veggies you would have less distress?

I think if you are going to have to stick to close to 1,000 calories you almost have to do JUDDD for the long term, other wise you will feel deprived.

I can do nuts if I toss a few on a salad, but not out of hand, because of course I eat too many that way!

I like the 4:3 for planning purposes, and to have a "normal" weekend. I think 5:2 will be my maintenance plan, then just add another dd if my scale goes over a certain set amount. I will stay within a 5 pound range, when I get to the top of the range, I will fast for a day.

My current mental process tells me that when you have to work hard to get the macros right, it probably isn't right. So when we had to work so hard to get the protein up, that probably meant we were aiming too high. Same with fat now. I think I will do better keeping a strict watch on calories and letting the protein and fat move back and forth. Continuing to get my carbs from non-starchy veggies for the most part, and keeping them under the magic 50g mark.
    This. I think later if there is a need it can be tightened up a bit but this is where I am at for the moment.

Searching for my SPEED book...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

So, back to vacation today. I've decided to throw productivity out the window. I will dust DH's office, change the sheets, and change the towels on Saturday before he comes home. Aside from that, anything else I done will by gravy. I will walk the dogs, go to the thrift store, read, and surf on the internet without guilt. Sweet DH, he told me to lounge around and not worry about a thing

Similarly, I'm not worrying about fat or protein the rest of the week. I am going to keep the carbs low. For now, I am not going to worry about reintroducing veggie carbs. I will work on that in the future. I am more concerned about weight loss right now, and these "carb up" days (regardless of the fact that they are perfectly primal/paleo carbs, in most instances) are not doing me any favors.

I know that breaking past 160 and firmly into the 150s is a real challenge -- this is a major set point for me. I need some clean days -- strung together in a row -- to get there. [And, of course, it's broken up by a trip to Austin next week, where I'm going to see a friend I haven't seen in like 10 years and my BIL and his fiance as well.] The veggies aren't going anywhere

I would have a major problem in restaurants if I couldn't just order a salad with protein, it is always my go to when out.

your day/week sounds lovely.

Enjoy your vacation day!!
    Karin

Walked the dogs in the cold. A little disappointed that it's so cold on my vacation Typical. I'm sure next week, when I'm stuck indoors, will be gorgeous!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    of course!! The sun is FINALLY peaking out here.
    Karin