Page 170 of 339 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 3384

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 170

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had carnitas last night, but admit I was lazy and just bought them from Costco. Also had them over salad and used salsa as the dressing with a bit of olive oil.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    my mom used salsa but my taste buds must be getting super sensitive because the meat seasoning was plenty.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Horribly bloated today. WAY too much pumpkin (and thus carbs and fiber) yesterday...and the scale shows it with a 3 pound gain (and, yes, it's probably water...but it's very uncomfortable water that is probably going to take a week to go away). In fact, I woke up at 2 am and was nauseated until about 4 am, then finally back asleep. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Ok, so thinking out loud here....what if you went for it and followed the JUDDD and increase the protein and/or carbs for a month just to see if the JUDDD would actually produce a weight loss. Then, once you get that experiment under your belt you can see if it really is the higher protein that was causing you a problem. If doing the straight JUDDD doesn't work, then there is no need to go on with it for weight loss (although I would still think a version would be viable for maintenance). If doing straight JUDDD does produce fat loss then you can start playing with the macro percentages after putting in the new weight on the JUDDD website.

I just saw a blog (who knows where, but I think it was sweet geek) where she did shakes (homemade) to allow her body a rest after she went crazy at the holidays. She mixed it up to pretty much the percentages that EMF recommends (she used HWC, water, whey protein, and peanut butter). But the point is that you could try a version of that for a few days and see what happens. Using things like eggs, coconut milk, and sunbutter to get the balance -with regards calories, as well as fat/protein/carbs - needed to finish off an ud?

I think that having a day (or 3) a week of very low calories is probably good not only for fat loss, but also for a variety of other systems in the body.
    I am considering all of this. I'm trying to have more carbs and see if I can get used to them...but am just thinking my body does NOT like them.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I was awake at 4am, so I feel for the lack of sleep. I can see the fiber being an issue with bloat.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Very unproductive today..... Laundry and unloading the dishwasher...that is it! Sigh. It's cold and windy and grey. I need to take the dogs for a walk, but do not want to go out in this.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It is like an Up/Down day for activity: Yesterday you did it all, so now you get the opposite.

Hadn't thought of it that way (and, it is a DD for me in terms of food as well).

odd, cause I felt more energy on my dd than on my ud.

Also, I think I am beginning to see why so many on the LCF forum don't do low carb with the JUDDD so much. I feel like I am going to explore my SPEED principles again. I got 20 pounds lighter than I am now, then. I think they increase the carbs slightly, and protein while reducing the fat a bit. My memory is that I did not stick to it well, which tells me that it was not quite right. So maybe somewhere between SPEED and EMF as far as the fat and protein numbers go? OMG, why is this so complicated. The one that tells me it is simple, (Simple Science of Slim) I enjoyed, but didn't lose anything on after 5 months of following it. eeeeekkkkkk

I have decent energy on DDs...but I slept poorly and I think TOM is looming...and it's cold...all of which combine to make me sleepy.

I have my SPEED logs -- need to go back and look at them. I think I remember that my protein was crazy high (like 130 g), carbs low, and fat low. Calories were low. I think, like you said, the framework was okay, but maybe some macro tweaking is in order.

And, yes, why is this so blasted HARD for many of us? It should not be this hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {PS - I really want UD/DD to be the answer...I do like it...but, I suspect I will have some macro playing to get it "right"...like carbs. As much as I'm trying to deny it, I do not think carbs -- even "good" veggie carbs -- are my friends).

are your friends or are not your friends?