Page 164 of 345 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3446

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 164

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ^^ Chris... yes yes yes. I have been thinking of calorically cheap foods for dd's and am trying to plan with them.

Hydration is so important, although as I say this, I am chronically dehydrated. I know some is the weather, some is hormones and some is my forgetfulness to drink.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I do better if I plan my DD the evening before. Then, there's no thinking...there just is doing.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Me too, but I need to have a ready supply of something (maybe celery even) that is nearly "free" but that will satisfy the urge. The pickles yesterday were ok, just need a few ideas like that.

Random thoughts:

If I lost 12-13 more pounds, I'd be at a decent weight. No longer overweight. I wouldn't have a rockstar body, but I'd be happy. I'd probably take a maintenance break.

I'm tired of playing with the same few pounds. I don't mind 2 steps forward, 1 step back, but this 2 steps forward, 2 steps back, is getting old.

My body doesn't appear to like carbs. But, am I doing it a disservice by being so VLC all the time? Because then when I introduce a modest level, seems like it rebels.

It seems like something works for 2 weeks, then I stall, then I gain. Two thoughts. Either I need to change my "system" every two week (although at some point I think the body has to rest and regroup) or maybe go into "maintenance" mode for 2 weeks (if I could stop the week 4 gain, I might actually make some progress).

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Your random thoughts are mine lol. Do you think JUDDD is not working or do you think you just haven't done it long enough to have an effect?

I think I'm finding that I only 2 weeks in a 4 week cycle of losses, regardless of what I try. More than anything, it is mentally taxing. I probably need to give it 2 more weeks to see if losses start again.

So, what was your start weight (on JUDDD) and what was your weight this morning? I feel like you might be focusing on the micro and need to step back.

Maybe since your body seems to fall into a routine very easily, maybe you need to not do every other day, but do an up day, a down day, a moderate day, a down day, an up day-not necessarily do a dd every other day though. You know mix it up so that your weekly average is in the 1300 calorie range (or what ever you need it to be to lose weight).

Does your body react poorly even to greens? Is it all carbs or can you do ones from non-starchy veggies?

ok, I was looking for some guidance on the Johnson's JUDDD webpage and found this quote..."Also, the goal of Up Days is to feel satiated without intentionally overeating. Individuals on the Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet™ have found that, despite restricting their calories on Down Days, they are no hungrier on Up Days than they would be if they were not on the diet, and in some cases they are less hungry. If you're not as hungry on Up Days, it's okay to eat less than your regular daily allowance. "

I think I am making a SF Lemon curd tonight to put on top of a MIM. Not sure what I will do for the boys, since I made them pasta last night.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ^^ Interesting quote and am breathing a sigh of relief!

lemon curd?? Do tell??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    FBS - 88? Huh????????????????? Mom still thinks it's totally fine (anything under a 100 dear), but for me, this is CRAZY. The only thing different - way high protein yesterday (89 g) (and 23 carb g). Interesting.

I think I'm suffering from "diet fatigue". I ended 2011 (not a typo) at around 160. Got down to 155 in 2012, then up to 170, then ended at 160. Now, I'm bouncing all around 160. I've not been trying to maintain - I've spent most of the time "dieting". I've tried low cal, high cal, low fat, high fat, combos of the two. And NOTHING is making a lasting difference. I'm tired.

With that said, I'm thinking of a 1 week "maintenance" break. This is NOT a Ruth goes to town and eats everything and anything. This is Ruth attempting to stay around 160, but feel like I'm trying to be working at going lower and stressing because I can't get there... I travel for the next 2 days (Thursday and Friday), with Friday being brutal (not getting home until 10 pm, assuming no delays, yeah, right!). Then, (in theory, cross your fingers) I'm supposed to be OFF for an entire week, and DH is going to be away on business (leaving me, mom, and the animals). I just want to chill.

After my diet break, I will get right back on the horse. I'm thinking another 4 weeks of UD/DD.

Also, still not sleeping well. Waking up at 2 am now (this is better, but not optimal) and trouble falling back asleep. The dog was having some digestive issues as well, so up 2 more times between 2 and 6 (after which point I decided trying to sleep any more was a waste). I know that the consistent lack of sleep is both impacting my weight loss efforts and my ability to "chill" and go with the flow. Another good reason to take a break