Page 162 of 340 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 3394

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 162

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    A few more notes: I think sunbutter causes a small spike in my FBS. I will have to explore that more in the future. Also, while I say NK is not my priority, I know that upping my fat over previous levels was very helpful. So, my fat will stay relatively high, just not super high (no fat for the sake of fat). To the extent I'm able, I also want to try to have an eating window (I think this will help for when I get into maintenance and can hopefully do 1 meal/day).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I think in the dd's, obviously, fat for fat's sake is not possible. On ud's I think cooking with it and using sauces are what I consider the best ways to get it in without doing a bunch of BP coffees or teas with lots of cream.

Exactly. And, yes, I think cooking with it is good. Also, I will still choose fattier cuts of meat, when appropriate (things like my pate are NOT going anywhere!).

Oh, my. I feel like I'm hungover...only I had no alcohol yesterday. Sheesh. It's Monday....................

me too, so glad I actually have Monday's off of work. I just had to get up at 5:30 for DS.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I agree, my main focus is JUDDD, then low carb, then NK in that order. I currently don't really have an interest in 1 meal a day, so thats easy. I will obviously not be giving up the real whole foods, and no plans to add back grains, and given yesterday's foray into sugar, I am hoping I can keep away from that for a while. It may be an issue as DH's birthday is Saturday, and I will make him a Boston Creme Pie.

Today's plan includes lots of fluids to try and flush that stuff out of the system!
    I agree that priorities need to be in place. I am also of the JUDDD, low carb, and then NK. I have a feeling I will NEVER get to NK though.. this is a tough road to hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    A few more notes: I think sunbutter causes a small spike in my FBS. I will have to explore that more in the future. Also, while I say NK is not my priority, I know that upping my fat over previous levels was very helpful. So, my fat will stay relatively high, just not super high (no fat for the sake of fat). To the extent I'm able, I also want to try to have an eating window (I think this will help for when I get into maintenance and can hopefully do 1 meal/day).
    Oh my gosh.. sunbutter is like crack to me.. as well as sunflower seeds. I need to stay away and keep it out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Exactly. And, yes, I think cooking with it is good. Also, I will still choose fattier cuts of meat, when appropriate (things like my pate are NOT going anywhere!).
    This.. I think adding fat for fats sake was not all that helpful in losing. I mean, it helped not being hungry but other than that, I am not so sure. I agree with the fattier meats etc. though.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I agree that priorities need to be in place. I am also of the JUDDD, low carb, and then NK. I have a feeling I will NEVER get to NK though.. this is a tough road to hoe.

My Kansas girl. I know you are t from there but some of it should have rubbed off on you... It is "row to hoe" farm style. �� But yes I wonder if I will ever hit NK.

hahahahahahahah!!! Farm girl I am not. I always wondered why you would want to hoe a road unless you were a hooker! LMAO
    Karin

DD is a challenge today, though if you want to be honest, it's mostly in the brain. I'm tired, don't want to work (can you say procrastination), and feel like I have a hangover. And, I'm supposed to be off next week, and want to be off NOW!

Hehe, I don't know if I'd have know it was "row to hoe" either

you got this Ruth. I am trying not to think about it. I had a cup of cofffee this morning, and its 10:20. I can not say I am hungry but some bone broth sounds good. I am not quite ready for tuna and celery now.
    Karin