Page 157 of 303 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3029

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 157

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    More thoughts...

Are you really burning fat on an UD? Not sure. There's the argument. for example, that you can only ingest so much protein at each meal. I know that one day of too much protein can throw me out of NK. So, possible that your body doesn't know what to do with that fat. OTOH......I know that sometimes the body isn't always logical. I'v had several great eating days, and the scale doesn't reflect that. When I had my cashew binge, it took 2-3 days to show up on the scale.

I think, though, that it has to be good for the body to see some really high and really low days. Otherwise, when you have a high day (which is bound to happen at some point), the body doesn't know what to do...or maybe that's just my goofy body that finds a pattern it likes and hangs tight.

I have essentially been bouncing all around 160 since Christmas. I go down then up then down then up. What will it take to break firmly into the 150s? It is certainly not that I'm anywhere near a goal weight...there is a LOT of fat still hanging on my body. Do I need to change up what I'm doing every 2 weeks? Not sure here...

Mark's take on IF -- if you are a fat burning adapted, IF is muscle-sparing. If not, he says chow down on protein before your fast. I actually feel like I'm fat adapted right now. Intermittent Fasting FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions | Mark's Daily Apple

Next question - if 500 calories or below enough to be considered "fasting"? Some say yes, some say no. Of course, I generally get 16-20 hours, so I'm going to say I'm getting a good IF from my DDs to my UDs. Also, Mark claims that pure fat won't take you out of the fasted state. Eat butter if I'm "starved earlier"?

I could use a monitor to test all this out...but am still loathe to spend the $ on the strips.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I wonder about the changing things up (we discussed this I think). Its hard to "stay the course" when results are not immediate.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Weight 159. It's my lowest weight after an UD, except yesterday, at around 1200 calories is not truly an "UD". However, I was not hungry and decided that eating more food was just not the habit I wanted to create. Perhaps today will be a difficult DD and then I will be hungry tomorrow

FBS: 76. This is consistent with my prediction - after a DD, my FBS is lower than after an UD. We shall see.

In other news:
    * Haircut today. Yay. Hope it goes well. People struggle to cut my fine, thin, hair in a style that is flattering and manageable for me to style afterward.
    * Terrible sleep. After 2 pretty good nights. Woke up when DH came to bed (he falls asleep on the couch most every night) and didn't really ever get back to sleep.
    * Holy ketosis Batman. Metal mouth and definite pee smell (TMI, sorry). Even DH noticed. Yay for appetite suppression...
    * Tomorrow. I am taking the day off. Period. I will not check work email or answer my phone.

It is hard to stay the course...but I'm running out of options

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Weight 159. It's my lowest weight after an UD, except yesterday, at around 1200 calories is not truly an "UD". However, I was not hungry and decided that eating more food was just not the habit I wanted to create. Perhaps today will be a difficult DD and then I will be hungry tomorrow

FBS: 76. This is consistent with my prediction - after a DD, my FBS is lower than after an UD. We shall see.

In other news:
    * Haircut today. Yay. Hope it goes well. People struggle to cut my fine, thin, hair in a style that is flattering and manageable for me to style afterward.
    * Terrible sleep. After 2 pretty good nights. Woke up when DH came to bed (he falls asleep on the couch most every night) and didn't really ever get back to sleep.
    * Holy ketosis Batman. Metal mouth and definite pee smell (TMI, sorry). Even DH noticed. Yay for appetite suppression...
    * Tomorrow. I am taking the day off. Period. I will not check work email or answer my phone.
    Could UP's be interpreted as more than 500 calories up to the max? This is what I am wondering. I will be curious as to your DD
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Karin - see my thoughts in Chris' journal. Long term, I do not think 1200 calories work (actually, 1143!)...unless perhaps one is in NK, where I feel like one can be a bit lower calorie and still muscle sparing???????????

Frankly, I just want straight on Primal to work. Sigh............

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I believe an occasional 'not up to the max' Up Day is fine, you just don't want to be creating the HABIT of low-calorie Up Days. 'Cause then you are just doing a low calorie all the time plan.

New haircut. Pardon the acne (that I hope some day goes away again....).

20130328_140333.jpg